CHAP password for iSCSI Target

iSCSI related applications
pigglett
New here

CHAP password for iSCSI Target

Post by pigglett »

Hi

I can't believe I have done this, but I have a vSphere environment which has been running with no problems using a TS-459Pro+ I have added another host to the VMware cluster, and when I came to configure the iSCSI target I realise that I cannot remember the CHAP password, I have been through the admin interface, and I cannot find anywhere to reset it, can some please help?? Firmware version is 3.8.1 Build 20121205
rinthos
Been there, done that

Re: CHAP password for iSCSI Target

Post by rinthos »

On the iSCSI target management page, you can set the CHAP password here for Targets....
(this is in firmware 3.8.1, but I don't think has changed for awhile).

Home -> Disk Management -> iSCSI

Locate the iSCSI Target on the Target Management page and click the middle button "Modify" for that target.
Attaching a screenshot to assist... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pigglett
New here

Post by pigglett »

Thanks for coming back to me, I have been all through these pages, the only option I have is to view connections, I don't seem to be able to modify the target. The only thing I can modify are the attached LUNs. I have attached a screenshot.

I am thinking I may need to create a new target and LUN and migrate the virtual machines to this :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tmt
Experience counts

Post by tmt »

The password is stored in cleartext for each target. Look in the file /etc/config/iscsi_trgt.conf, for fields named "CHAPPasswd".

No comment on the wisdom of this scheme, but at least it will save your bacon.
SS-439, Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS, EXT4, RAID10, 4xHitachi 5K1000
TS-112, 4.1.x Beta, EXT4, 1xHitachi 7K1000
goranmilo
First post

Post by goranmilo »

I found. Thanks a lot.
jg3
Starting out

Post by jg3 »

tmt wrote:The password is stored in cleartext for each target. Look in the file /etc/config/iscsi_trgt.conf, for fields named "CHAPPasswd".

No comment on the wisdom of this scheme, but at least it will save your bacon.

Thanks for this. Another rasher was spared.

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”