TS-419 PII and Crashplan

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
daner
New here

TS-419 PII and Crashplan

Post by daner » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 am

I've just installed my QNAP TS-419 PII as a replacement for my external hard drive that I use for my small business. I have been backing up my external hard drive using Crashplan Central. I have a subscription to Crashplan+ for four years. When I try to change the location to backup on Crashplan, it shows my external drives, but not my qnap. Is there a setting I need to change in crashplan or on my 419 so it shows my qnap as a location to backup to Crashplan Central? I'm using Mac OS 10.6.8. I don't know if this is something as simple as changing a setting on qnap or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

geva
Know my way around

Re: TS-419 PII and Crashplan

Post by geva » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:51 am

I don't know much about CrashPlan, but after having a look in the QNAP there is no mention of it being supported. For this reason, you may be better off contacting CrashPlan support to see what your options are.

That being said, there is a QPKG in beta for CrashPlan, and it has its own section of the forum that you might want to check out.

http://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=227

There are also a bunch of articles online about getting CrashPlan working on QNAP NAS, just search for QNAP and CrashPlan. These seem to be referring to backing up the NAS however, and you seem to be referring to wanting to backup TO the NAS.

Return to “Backup & Restore”