TS-212 firmware upgrade 4.01

Discussion about hard drive spin down (standby) feature of NAS.
fivos
New here

TS-212 firmware upgrade 4.01

Post by fivos »

after the firmware upgrade, tha nas startups in normal mode. all seems ok. scanning ports gives the result of all the services activated, like web, smb and appltalk sharing, but there is a problem.
i can't connect to the nas neither via web for admin, neither via sharing.
in web admin page presents a blank page.
in sharing after the window with user and password admin, tells me that there is a problem.
anyone can help.
can i downdrade to 3.8.3?
thanks for the attention
QNAPEric
Getting the hang of things

Re: TS-212 firmware upgrade 4.01

Post by QNAPEric »

HI,

do you try to clean your browsers catch?
paulus1970
New here

Post by paulus1970 »

Hi. Same here.

I just upgraded from the Beta 4.00 version to the official 4.01 and now I can't access the NAS login remotely.
Everything else seems ok. I can access my web page but not the Login screen on port 8080. FTP works fine and I can access the login locally via ip address, it is just remotely. Also MYQNAPCLOUD is not working.

I tried a restart but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
QNAPEric
Getting the hang of things

Post by QNAPEric »

HI,
Could you try to clean browser catches and cookies,
If still cannot work after try it, please submit a support ticket for troubleshooting
http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=4574
paulus1970
New here

Post by paulus1970 »

Hi

I cleared the browser's cache and still not working. I am at work at the moment but I will test a bit more before I submit a support ticket just in case it's something I have missed.

I do use a DYNDNS but if I can use FTP ok and access the web page then this would suggest that this is working ok. It just seems not to like the secure http page for the logon but I haven't changed anything from the Beta 4.00 to the official 4.01 version. The upgrade is all that has happened including several re-starts.

I will do some more testing tonight and report back.

Thanks.
ContextSwitch
Know my way around

Post by ContextSwitch »

Have you been following this thread?
--
Geoff
paulus1970
New here

Post by paulus1970 »

Hi Geoff, thanks for your reply. Yes I did see that post, although similar not exactly the same issue. I can actually log on to the admin page locally. I just have an issue remotely and it doesn't even present me with a login user/password prompt.

I will however try and install the firmware again using QFINDER when I get home later.

Thanks.
paulus1970
New here

Post by paulus1970 »

I have re-installed the 4.0.1 firmware and no change. When I logon locally via 192.168.1.107 I notice it redirects to 192.168.1.107:8080/cgi-bin/main.html?20130604

Has it changed from index.php to main.html ? Is this the issue ?

Has anybody got any idea before I submit a support ticket ?

Thanks.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

paulus1970 wrote:Hi Geoff, thanks for your reply. Yes I did see that post, although similar not exactly the same issue. I can actually log on to the admin page locally. I just have an issue remotely and it doesn't even present me with a login user/password prompt.
If you aren't actually seeing the Login/Password window, then it probably isn't port forwarded properly in your Router. I'd recommend troubleshooting your Port-Forwarding in your Router, by verifying that port 8080/TCP is open. You can do this with the CanYouSeeMe.org - Open Port Check Tool

There is an incomplete listing of Port-Forwards listed at the bottom of QNAP Tutorial: Set up DDNS Service for Remote Internet Access to QNAP NAS

Some consumer grade Routers use 8080/TCP for their own internal Remote Management port, so you might need to change the port on the Router, and check to ensure that it is being forwarded properly to the NAS.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
paulus1970
New here

Post by paulus1970 »

Hi Patrick. I actually worked it out myself in the end but still not sure why it used to work on both 3.8.1 and beta 4.0.0. I never had port 8080 open before and it worked fine. Is that because there was some re-direction going on behind the scene when accessing port 80 ?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

paulus1970 wrote:Hi Patrick. I actually worked it out myself in the end but still not sure why it used to work on both 3.8.1 and beta 4.0.0. I never had port 8080 open before and it worked fine. Is that because there was some re-direction going on behind the scene when accessing port 80 ?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
I'm glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for popping back to let us know that you were successful.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.

Return to “HDD Spin Down (HDD Standby)”