First time setup of MYQNAPCLOUD service

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
roosta
Getting the hang of things

First time setup of MYQNAPCLOUD service

Post by roosta »

Hey guys

Just tried online chat...and after receiving some of the worst possible "help" in the area of SUPPORT, from a guy by the name of "Art Yang" and getting responses twice every 10 minutes, I decided to post here. I have quit e a lot of questions and don't want to go back and forth for days through responses on here, can someone please help a noob like myself setup my service? On a chat program would be much more beneficial for me and much faster. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
RoOSTA
schumaku
Guru

Re: First time setup of MYQNAPCLOUD service

Post by schumaku »

Hey RoOSTA,

Support chat is not meant to provide user guidance - but without any insight it's hard to judge.

I assume you have already configured something as lined-out here: Accessing your QNAP NAS with myQNAPcloud Service.

Where is the missing link?

-Kurt.
Last edited by schumaku on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
xavierh
Experience counts

Post by xavierh »

first of all did you follow the instructions here?

http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=9100

QNAP TVS-951xQTS 5.0.0.1986 build 20220324 OS Storage Pool: Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD x 4 (RAID 5), Data Storage Pool: WD WD30EFRX (Red) 3TB x 4 (RAID 5), 16GB RAM WD Easystore 10TB External USB 3.0 Services: SMB, Appletalk, QPKG: Container Station, HBS 3
QNAP TS-453AQTS 5.0.0.1986 build 20220324 Services: SMB, HBS 3
Network: UDM, UDM Beacon, Unifi 8 Port Switch x 3, Flex Mini Switch, In Wall AP
roosta
Getting the hang of things

Post by roosta »

schumaku wrote:Support chat is not meant to provide user guidance
Then going around calling themselves "support" is very misleading. What else, if nothing do they expect for 1st time NAS users? Support for their product goes hand in hand with user guidance for their own products...
xavierh wrote:first of all did you follow the instructions here?

http://www.qnap.com/en/index.php?lang=en&sn=9100
Yep. First place I went actually. I have setup my cloud account info, but the problem sat with my router. I have contacted THEIR support and been able to get some advice to help me around the problem. One thing I've learnt is that while instructions might be clear, there very little explanation of the features.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Mistaken I'd say... you still don't say what does not work.

If you suspect problems with the router (Automatic Router Configuration), would you mind to tell us more about your router, Internet connectivity (what devices are in line to the outside world, ISP), and provide the output of the [Diagnostics] (strip the outside public IP addresses!).

The UPnP based Automatic Router Configuration is not exact computer science - there are a lot of inconsistencies, exceptions, ...

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”