PPTP user and password ?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Flyingfufu
Starting out

PPTP user and password ?

Post by Flyingfufu »

Hi All,

I have some difficulties to get connected to my TS-419P+ ( Fw 4.1.0) with the VPN connection. Connection to xxxx.myQnapCloud.com if fine, but all various configuration/combinaison of user and password are failling... All working fine through the webpage!

Despite having checked every where, it seems I missed something, so any help/explanation will be very welcome.

Regards,
TVS-863 owner
pwilson
Guru

Re: PPTP user and password ?

Post by pwilson »

Flyingfufu wrote:Hi All,

I have some difficulties to get connected to my TS-419P+ ( Fw 4.1.0) with the VPN connection. Connection to xxxx.myQnapCloud.com if fine, but all various configuration/combinaison of user and password are failling... All working fine through the webpage!

Despite having checked every where, it seems I missed something, so any help/explanation will be very welcome.

Regards,
Did you enable the users to use the VPN?

If you can't recall the PPTP passwords, proceed to http://www.cloudcracker.com, they can furnish your passwords for you in a few hours. Personally I use OpenVPN due to completely insecure nature of PPTP.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Flyingfufu
Starting out

Post by Flyingfufu »

Hi Patrick,

First of all, many thanks for your prompt help!

Yes, the user have been added and configured. However, using the QID details nor VPN user details does connect and show always a failure message "connection failed, check user name and password". All good via the QNAPCloud portal....

Regarding the OpenVPN solution, I would love to use it, but I have it already configured for an other VPN connection and could not figure out how to configure 2 different connection details and select one or the other pending my need (using OpenVPN GUI). Laptop is under win 8.1.

Regards,
TVS-863 owner
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Flyingfufu wrote:Hi Patrick,

First of all, many thanks for your prompt help!

Yes, the user have been added and configured. However, using the QID details nor VPN user details does connect and show always a failure message "connection failed, check user name and password". All good via the QNAPCloud portal....

Regarding the OpenVPN solution, I would love to use it, but I have it already configured for an other VPN connection and could not figure out how to configure 2 different connection details and select one or the other pending my need (using OpenVPN GUI). Laptop is under win 8.1.

Regards,
That is strange. Once your PPTP VPN is operational, you should be able to access the NAS at 10.0.0.1 from all your PPTP clients. For example you can access the NAS WebUI at http://10.0.0.1:8080/ or https://10.0.0.1/. You should also be able to mount your NAS shares on your Laptop at \\10.0.0.1\share, for example \\10.0.0.1\Multimedia in Windows Explorer.

If you use the MyQNAPCloud portal, it will not be taking advantage of the VPN at all.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

Flyingfufu
Starting out

Post by Flyingfufu »

OK, I finally find a way to use Openvpn and it works perfectly !

Thanks again,
TVS-863 owner
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Flyingfufu wrote:OK, I finally find a way to use Openvpn and it works perfectly !

Thanks again,
I was providing information for PPTP. The NAS IP address via PPTP is 10.0.0.1. For OpenVPN, the NAS IP address is: 10.8.0.1. Yes, you can operate both concurrently.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”