Multiple Issues with Qsync

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
M2theCMR
Starting out

Multiple Issues with Qsync

Post by M2theCMR »

Hi,

So I've been using the Qsync function for a few days. Seems like a fun thing to use except for some bugs (which is typical Qnap). However, one big issue that has never been solved is the SMTP mail problem with the NAS. We are using our own mail server with no TLS or SSL but for some reason its impossible to put these settings in the NAS. It never worked. As a temp solution for important system notifications we are using a Gmail account. (not so professional towards our clients of course, so only for system notifications).

The Qsync option seemed interesting cause I thought it would be easy to share files with our clients. However here we have the same issues. We can NOT use our own mail for some reason. What could this ever existing problem be? Furthermore, wether his actually works or not, when inviting people to a group folder, they will NOT receive any notifications. I found a "workaround" for this issue in another thread. However, im not sure if the ongoing SMTP issues are causing this because there is not notification that, with an empty SMTP box, invites will not be send....Its kind of a mandatory thing. So in short:

- SMTP mail settings with regular mail never worked
- SMTP settings via de Qsync pop-up box in the application doesn't work
- We can not send mails to clients (share links) via the pop-up
- People do NOT receive notifications to share a folder, so they won't get any invite and they will never share the folder since most of them will not have the Qnap app installed.

Some other issues / questions:
- Also, I am wondering where i can change the size limit of the Qsync space? Its 2.65 TB. How is this determined?
- Via filestation we share using our no-ip url, this option isn't present in the Qsync menu
- When sending share invites to users they should get a notification with a landing page with additional info about the applications they can install to run this locally. Is this the case?
schumaku
Guru

Re: Multiple Issues with Qsync

Post by schumaku »

M2theCMR wrote:However, one big issue that has never been solved is the SMTP mail problem with the NAS. We are using our own mail server with no TLS or SSL but for some reason its impossible to put these settings in the NAS.
Hard to help with no insight...

What is configured?

The ssmtp config makes sense?

[~] # cat /etc/config/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf
#
# /etc/ssmtp.conf -- a config file for sSMTP sendmail.
#
mailhub = [FQDN]:[submissionport]
FromLineOverride=YES
UseTLS = NO
UseSTARTTLS = NO
AuthUser =
AuthPass =

The e-mail address in the Notification -> SMTP Server -> E-Mail Address is valid for your e-mail domain, and is not rejected by your SMTP server?

The NAS IP is permitted to submit messages to relay on your corporate SMTP server?

What happens during the SMTP submission? Plain text SMTP should be easy to capture...

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”