Qsync port required

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
smallpotato2
New here

Qsync port required

Post by smallpotato2 »

Hi,
I'm new to my 469, and tried to setup qsync to sync files between PCs, with one of them is not on the LAN, i read that I require to setup myQNAPcloud service, setting up is easy, but once its done, only the PC on LAN works (with/without myQNAPcloud), the PC connects from the internet cannot connects. I would wondering which port do I need to port forward from the router to make that happen?

I was always getting login failure, which seems to be connects but login failed? The funny thing is that I use the same login on my LAN PC and it worked, so I would wondering if anything special needed to be set on the login level as well?

Thanks,
smallpotato2
New here

Re: Qsync port required

Post by smallpotato2 »

Hi,
The funny thing is the login failure, is there any log that I can check to see if it actually reach the NAS? Getting login failure seems funny as everything works just that remote connection does not.

Thanks
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Can you reach the NAS QTS Web by http (8080/TCP by default) resp. https (443/TCP by default) from the Internet?
kevman
Starting out

Post by kevman »

I too wanted to know how to do this. I have myqnapcloud setup but when I login to there and try any of the published services it times it. Does myqnapcloud require ports to be opened on the firewall ? My assumption was that through the myqnapcloud portal I would not need to open ports on the router, and the communication would be done through the portal.
TS-469L Rel 4.0.7 Build 20140410 with 4x 3TB WD Red
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

No, the connection will be direct - so port forwarding remains required. The only exception are apps supporting CloudLink - where other requirements exist (UDP traffic related), and there will be a lot of UDP traffic just to keep things open and connected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
kevman
Starting out

Post by kevman »

thanks for the clarification shumaku. Since I don't feel safe opening ports, I will probably try using this using Open VPN on my router.

Kev
TS-469L Rel 4.0.7 Build 20140410 with 4x 3TB WD Red

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”