myQNAPcloud not working, wrong IP

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
gabriello79
New here

myQNAPcloud not working, wrong IP

Post by gabriello79 »

Dear all, I just bought a TS-420 and I can't get myQNAPcloud working correctly.

I did all the requested:

the account is activated, and the NAS is correctly configured and could access the internet.
when I register myQNAPcloud services o the NAS it register correctly to my profile so I can see it with the correct services published.
On the router all the relevant ports are forwarded correctly.
On my account in the web page myqnapcloud the NAS is registered correctly, the internal IP address is correct, but the problem is that I'm not able to access to it from remote.
I looked to the IP and I discovered that the WAN IP associated to my NAS on my account is different from the WAN IP I can see on my router.
So it seems that the NAS is correctly register into my account but for some reason the WAN IP the NAS is communicating to be reached, is different from the real WAN IP that my router has.

any idea?
pwilson
Guru

Re: myQNAPcloud not working, wrong IP

Post by pwilson »

gabriello79 wrote:Dear all, I just bought a TS-420 and I can't get myQNAPcloud working correctly.

I did all the requested:

the account is activated, and the NAS is correctly configured and could access the internet.
when I register myQNAPcloud services o the NAS it register correctly to my profile so I can see it with the correct services published.
On the router all the relevant ports are forwarded correctly.
On my account in the web page myqnapcloud the NAS is registered correctly, the internal IP address is correct, but the problem is that I'm not able to access to it from remote.
I looked to the IP and I discovered that the WAN IP associated to my NAS on my account is different from the WAN IP I can see on my router.
So it seems that the NAS is correctly register into my account but for some reason the WAN IP the NAS is communicating to be reached, is different from the real WAN IP that my router has.

any idea?
Impossible to answer this without knowing more information about your Internet connection, and Router in use. Is the incorrect WAN IP address a RFC1918 Private Network IP address or a Public IP address?

If it is a RFC1918 Private Network address please share the entire address with us here in this message thread, If it is not a RFC1918 Private Network address, please share the just first Octet of the address. (ie if you the address is 96.101.201.107, please share that it is 96.XXX.XXX.XXX. Do NOT tell us your entire address if it is a Public IP address, just give us the first octet).

Sharing this information should be able to help us determine what is happening. I suspect that you are Double-NATed behind 2 routers.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
gabriello79
New here

Post by gabriello79 »

Dear Patrick,

so I'm using a TP-LINK TL-MR3420 router connected to a HUAWEI USB stick model E173.
The WAN IP addres I see on the router is 10.30.138.245, while what I'm seeing in websites like whatismyIP (that is matching in the myqnapcloud profile WAN IP for my NAS) is 151.XXX.XXX.XXX

i hope with this info you have more to think at the problems

THANKS

G
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

gabriello79 wrote:The WAN IP addres I see on the router is 10.30.138.245, while what I'm seeing in websites like whatismyIP (that is matching in the myqnapcloud profile WAN IP for my NAS) is 151.XXX.XXX.XXX
Typical case of carrier grade NAT (Network Address Translation): The 10.30.138.245 is an RFC1918 private IP subnet, not globally routed, so it's valid within a limited space only.

There is nothing the NAS, your router, or UPnP can to because there are large junks of ISP (here mobile provider) customers NATed many-to-one behind the effective public IP 151.XXX.XXX.XXX.

This is not uncommon for mobile providers, and is becoming more and more attractive for ISP running short or out of IPv4 address space. Challenge your ISP resp. mobile provider to get a routable IPv4 address assigned to your Internet connection, direct on the WAN side of your router.

Regards,
-Kurt.
gabriello79
New here

Post by gabriello79 »

Thanks Kurt,
I was expecting something like this...I'll move to an ADSL line in a few days, and I hope I'll not have any of this, otherwise I'll call the and ask for a routable IPv4 address...usually, from your knowledge is a tequest that an ISP is willing to do or not?

Thanks for your precious help
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

gabriello79 wrote:...and I hope I'll not have any of this, otherwise I'll call the and ask for a routable IPv4 address...usually, from your knowledge is a tequest that an ISP is willing to do or not?
Ha, send crystal ball! This depends widely on the ISP ... some will try to sell you a fixed IP, a business DSL, ... others give you free options for fixed IPv4 in the online customer centre (or per request), better ones supply you with a static IPv4 and a IPv6 /64 subnet (or even /60).

Check with your DSL ISP, the ISP customer community forums, in the Americas http://www.dslreports.com/forums/all is a good source ... or tell us about, some other members might be able to provide insight.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”