SS 5.0 and Foscams problems on Alarm Recording

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
garbia
Starting out

SS 5.0 and Foscams problems on Alarm Recording

Post by garbia »

Hello there, Im on QTS 4.1 and SS5.0.
I have 3 foscam cameras, all 3 work as alarm recording, SS creates an ftp path for each camera and everything works as expected until one of the cameras stops recording on motion!.
Today only 1 on 3 recorded, Im not sure what cause this since seem that deactivating (in SS5.0) and reactivating alarm recording gets the camera work again.

Two foscam (9805 ad 9831) were also used (until few days ago) to send emails on motion but after the firmware upgrade, seems like the the motion area set for detection resets to default and no recording of course occurs.

Am I the only one with this problem? I could set SS5.0 to record 24/24 but Im around 8mbits and even going lower than 10fps may create a space problem.

Also getting errors here and there
Server Name: NAS
IP Address: xxx.xxx.x.xxx
Date/Time: 2014/06/04 22:20:13
Level: Error
Read error occurred on Camera 4.
garbia
Starting out

Re: SS 5.0 and Foscams problems on Alarm Recording

Post by garbia »

For the record the 9831W is set as 9826W in SS5.0, the test button will return an error message (system detected mismatched camera model) but you can ignore it and click apply, the camera will work.
Will also work using 9821W, Im still experimenting what is the best to use.
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

Exactly the same errors here on SS5.0 with the FI9826W, exactly every 10 minutes the same error email.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

quassum wrote:Exactly the same errors here on SS5.0 with the FI9826W, exactly every 10 minutes the same error email.
I only get this error only on the 9805 and 9831 foscam cameras set on alarm recording, strange that the other old foscam on alarm recording works and no error messages.
atrix415
Know my way around

Post by atrix415 »

Have anyone tried going inside the "Foscam" config and make necessary adjustments? I did and it seems to work. I can also manually select motion-detect points.
atrix415
Know my way around

Post by atrix415 »

Have anyone tried going inside the "Foscam" config and make necessary adjustments? I did and it seems to work. I can also manually select motion-detect points.
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

atrix415 wrote:Have anyone tried going inside the "Foscam" config and make necessary adjustments? I did and it seems to work. I can also manually select motion-detect points.
What kind of adjustments did you make exactly?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I think Foscam have caught up a little bit with the competition and now have the ability to select the image areas where motion detection will be active.
This would be configured via the camera's web admin pages, like all the other camera configuration.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

AlastairStevenson wrote:I think Foscam have caught up a little bit with the competition and now have the ability to select the image areas where motion detection will be active.
This would be configured via the camera's web admin pages, like all the other camera configuration.
cameras are kind of working .....right now but...there are lots of error like

IP Address: 192.xxx.x.xxx
Date/Time: 2014/06/12 14:58:30
Read error occurred on Camera 4 or 3 or 5
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

AlastairStevenson wrote:I think Foscam have caught up a little bit with the competition and now have the ability to select the image areas where motion detection will be active.
cameras are kind of working .....right now but...there are lots of error like

IP Address: 192.xxx.x.xxx
Date/Time: 2014/06/12 14:58:30
Read error occurred on Camera 4 or 3 or 5
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

quassum wrote:Exactly the same errors here on SS5.0 with the FI9826W, exactly every 10 minutes the same error email.
Hi there, have you found another solution?
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

Hi there, have you found another solution?
quassum
Know my way around

Post by quassum »

Qnap is looking into this, their only advise was to downgrade the camera to system firmware 1.4.1.5 but the cam already came with 1.4.1.8 and downgrading isn't possible according to Foscam. Guess the only option would be to downgrade to SS 4 again.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

quassum wrote:Qnap is looking into this, their only advise was to downgrade the camera to system firmware 1.4.1.5 but the cam already came with 1.4.1.8 and downgrading isn't possible according to Foscam. Guess the only option would be to downgrade to SS 4 again.
Thank you for the update,
just FYI what I did in the last week is to set SS5.0 to record 24/24, somehow this reduced the errors to only few emails per day
Last night I have upgraded to QTS 4.1 build 612 and today I didn't get any errors beside two "camera disconnected"

Strange that I don't see many users complain about this error and I don't also see any explanation what the error refers to.

I don't feel right to have paid for the nas, and for all the licences and having a product that I can't rely on! at work I have a cheap 350$ 8 channel analog DVR that never stops, has a software called CMS that allows to remote access in less than second.
I realize foscam isn't the greatest brand on the market but I would expect more from SS5.
garbia
Starting out

Post by garbia »

quassum wrote:Qnap is looking into this, their only advise was to downgrade the camera to system firmware 1.4.1.5 but the cam already came with 1.4.1.8 and downgrading isn't possible according to Foscam. Guess the only option would be to downgrade to SS 4 again.
Thank you for the update,
just FYI what I did in the last week is to set SS5.0 to record 24/24, somehow this reduced the errors to only few emails per day
Last night I have upgraded to QTS 4.1 build 612 and today I didn't get any errors beside two "camera disconnected"

Strange that I don't see many users complain about this error and I don't also see any explanation what the error refers to.

I don't feel right to have paid for the nas, and for all the licences and having a product that I can't rely on! at work I have a cheap 350$ 8 channel analog DVR that never stops, has a software called CMS that allows to remote access in less than second.
I realize foscam isn't the greatest brand on the market but I would expect more from SS5.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”