Iscsi Lun drive is not accessible

iSCSI related applications
feras_L
First post

Iscsi Lun drive is not accessible

Post by feras_L »

Hello,
i got a lun mapped throw Iscsi into our server that became not accessible, "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"
i tried to disconnect and reconnect the iscsi but still the same and it tells me i need to format this drive !!
from the QNAP it says all HDDs are okay. i even stopped and started the lun from there but didnt help.

is there anything we can do to get it back working or at least recover the data inside it?

Thanks
storageman
Ask me anything

Re: Iscsi Lun drive is not accessible

Post by storageman »

Perhaps, Easeus Data Recovery Wizard, supposedly can directly read iscsi target ext3 disk in windows with ntfs image on it.
armyants
New here

Re: Iscsi Lun drive is not accessible

Post by armyants »

Kind of late, but hopefully this might help others. I had a recent similar problem after rebooting a windows server that was connected to the iscsi target on a qnap we had and then this server (and eventually the other servers that were also connected to the same iscsi target) began to see a raw drive that needed to be formatted. Don't format the raw volume.

1. I went to all windows servers that were connected to the iscsi lun (probably not best practice but we had a handful using the same iscsi target for read only purposes) and disconnected iscsi using the windows iscsi initiator.
2. I noticed if you have already disconnected all targets then the target is ready to enable again. If not I guess you could disable the target and kick off any remaining connections. But I think the key is to make sure no devices are connected to the iscsi target.
3. From qnap, reenable iscsi target.
4. From one windows server - re-add iscsi target. Do the scan to fix the drive if requested. It does correct some stuff.
5. Any remaining servers - re-add iscsi target. The remaining servers didn't ask for drive to be scanned.
6. Verify files are there.

Return to “iSCSI – Target & Virtual Disk”