Restore settings from .@backup_config

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
crowstone
New here

Restore settings from .@backup_config

Post by crowstone »

Hello,

I had to reset my TS-412 after the a firmware update (to 4.1.1 build 20141003). Unfortunately I don't have a backup of my settings (as .bin file).
Is it possible to restore the settings with the files in the .@backup_config directory?

Thanks,
matthias
pwilson
Guru

Re: Restore settings from .@backup_config

Post by pwilson »

crowstone wrote:Hello,

I had to reset my TS-412 after the a firmware update (to 4.1.1 build 20141003). Unfortunately I don't have a backup of my settings (as .bin file).
Is it possible to restore the settings with the files in the .@backup_config directory?

Thanks,
matthias

Code: Select all

cd /
tar xvfz $(dirname $(getcfg -f /etc/config/smb.conf Public path))/.@backup_config/0_$(date +%Y%m%d --date="last wednesday")_0304.tar.gz
*** Use at your own risk ***

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
crowstone
New here

Post by crowstone »

Thanks Patrick,
that sounds pretty easy. Do I have to repeat this step for each file or does it restore all settings? I'm not that linux professional to understand if the getcfg+smb.conf part only restores the SMB settings or directs to the config folder, sorry.

Regards,
matthias
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

crowstone wrote:Thanks Patrick,
that sounds pretty easy. Do I have to repeat this step for each file or does it restore all settings? I'm not that linux professional to understand if the getcfg+smb.conf part only restores the SMB settings or directs to the config folder, sorry.

Regards,
matthias
I thought you wanted to restore "all" your settings. The command I provided restores all of your settings from "last wednesday".

You'll probably need to restart the NAS to pick up the changes.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters

crowstone
New here

Post by crowstone »

Yes Patrick,
that's exactly what I need, I was just wondering about that smb.conf included in the command.

Thank you.
matthias
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

crowstone wrote:Yes Patrick,
that's exactly what I need, I was just wondering about that smb.conf included in the command.

Thank you.
matthias
I had to ask Samba in order to "harvest" the location of your ".@backup_config" directory from the NAS, as you didn't think to provide this useful information when asking how to restore your settings from ".@backup_config". :roll:

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada

Return to “Backup & Restore”