Chrome Browser Extension for Download Station

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
BunnyHunter
Starting out

Chrome Browser Extension for Download Station

Post by BunnyHunter »

Hi,
Sorry, maybe I have overseen something, but I haven't find it with the search function as well.
I'am looking for a Chrome Browser Extension,to send URLs which I want to Download to my QNAP Download Station.
Is there something available?

Best regards
BunnyHunter
Starting out

Re: Chrome Browser Extension for Download Station

Post by BunnyHunter »

Isn't there any possibility ?
ziomik
New here

Post by ziomik »

It is really absurd!
No one has thought of this .. On synology exists and works very well.
I open publicly petitioned to do so qnap face an extension. is essential!
rootju
New here

Post by rootju »

I use chrome extension for torrent files, works well with transmission which i have installed on 112p

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ckcgcfknll
Last edited by rootju on Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ziomik
New here

Post by ziomik »

I wish I could use chrome for download via "Download Station".
Look at that beautiful app for Chrome, which was made for synology: https://www.download-station-extension.com/

Absurd that in years you've thought !!
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

ziomik wrote:Look at that beautiful app for Chrome, which was made for synology
... by a third party, not by the NAS maker.

Feel free to start a similar project for the QNAP Download Station, arrange donations and funding, ...
AllthatEvil
New here

Post by AllthatEvil »

I am new to Qnap and NAS in general. I chose QNAP over Synology, because the app ecosystem seemed to be better.
I too am totally surprised, why such a basic function isnt included. Most Apps and features are well though through IMHO, so missing such basic pieces of a normal workflow seems even more confusion to me.
AFAIK there is an android app where i can add links, why not the same for chrome or FF? PC is needed for web interface anyway, and most ppl would download on their PC/Desktops/Laptops.
Makes the whole download station thing useless for me. What a waste of potential.

Will use workaround for torrent, and Free Download Manager for everything else.
Still hoping for a proper workflow and a native Qnap chrome/FF extension.

PS: Those comments like "dont complain, code your own" arent very helpful, when ppl buy Qnap for their ecosystem. Otherwise i could just pay half the price and get a NAS from the competition. And most ppl neither can code, nor do they want to learn it when they buy a product with sophisticated functions, which lacks basic things to actually use that advertised functions.

Edit: Typos
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

AllthatEvil wrote:PS: Those comments like "dont complain, code your own" arent very helpful, when ppl buy Qnap for their ecosystem. Otherwise i could just pay half the price and get a NAS from the competition. And most ppl neither can code, nor do they want to learn it when they buy a product with sophisticated functions, which lacks basic things to actually use that advertised functions.
Hmm ... comments like this aren't very helpful. If you feel that you would get a better product for less money elsewhere, then buy it.

Most people cannot code - but some seem pretty good at demanding functionality for something they perceive as 'basic'. If they could code they would realise it's not so basic. :roll:

What you want is a 'convenience', not a 'basic function'. Did you enquire about the ability to do this before you made your purchase? Or did you just assume it would be there? If you feel that you were sold something that does not perform as advertised, please contact your local consumer-affairs office and complain.

As previously mentioned, this functionality was developed by a third-party. There are far more solutions offered by third-parties for QNAP NAS than QNAP themselves provide. Same for products developed by Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc ...

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
takaacstamaas
New here

Post by takaacstamaas »

For me "HappyGet 2 for QTS 4" does the trick :roll:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... jnnpepepeb

After installing the app, this extension and some setup:
Right click on (torrent or any) url -> "HappyGet 2 for QTS 4" -> "Download with Download Station"
nutznboltz2003
First post

Post by nutznboltz2003 »

takaacstamaas wrote:For me "HappyGet 2 for QTS 4" does the trick :roll:

Right click on (torrent or any) url -> "HappyGet 2 for QTS 4" -> "Download with Download Station"
Could you explain how you did this? I only see HappyGet 2 when I'm browsing YouTube. If I'm browsing anything else, I don't see a contextual menu option for HappyGet.
kosmonaftt
Starting out

Post by kosmonaftt »

nutznboltz2003 wrote:

Could you explain how you did this? I only see HappyGet 2 when I'm browsing YouTube. If I'm browsing anything else, I don't see a contextual menu option for HappyGet.
Have you find the solution?
greeky
Starting out

Post by greeky »

Use happyget2 chrome extension.
When you want to download a torrent use right click with your mouse and you will see the menu to download it with download station.
You have to connect on the happyget2 with your Nas.
TS-453A
jmd1980
New here

Post by jmd1980 »

kosmonaftt wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:42 pm
nutznboltz2003 wrote:

Have you find the solution?
This is working correctly for me as well for torrent links on any site. The issue some people are having is that you need to use the HappyGet 2 extension in the link above that is from QNAP. Not the one that is from a 3rd party. Far as I can tell HappyGet 2 was incorporated into Download station some time back. So the official Chrome extension works directly with download station. I see there are still some HappyGet 2 extensions and apps in the QNAP store from third party vendors that I think are ports of the old apps but are not the ones you should use if you want it working directly with Download Station.
kibkib
Starting out

Post by kibkib »

Seems the HappyGet2 app installed on Qnap is still required to use the mentioned chrome plugin.
I installed only the Download station on Qnap and after installing the chrome plugin it says:

HappyGet 2 App is not installed on your QNAP NAS.
Please go to App Center and install it.
skavans
First post

Post by skavans »

There is a new app for Synology Download Station, it also embeds the extension for Safari: https://swiftapps.skavans.ru/synology-ds-manager-mac/
But for now, it doesn't support QNAP :(

Return to “Download Station and QGet”