Cloud registration error

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
Nugent
Starting out

Cloud registration error

Post by Nugent »

When i run through the wizard to setup the myQnapCloud (the "Get Started" button), i get all the way through to "enter the name of your QNAP NAS...". Once i choose ok at this point, it errors out with:

"The device name has been registered. (Error code : 1020002)"

I checked my online cloud account, and there is nothing registered there...

any suggestions what might be the issue ?

Firmware is 4.1b (TS-469 pro)

thnx !
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cloud registration error

Post by schumaku »

Isn't the border of the device name field marked red?

Sounds to me like the device name is already registered (by you, or by somebody else) - the message might not be clear enough.

The message needs a review in my opinion, i.e. "This device name is already registered. Use a different name, or remove the name from your myQNAPcloud devices, and try again."
Surfix007
Starting out

Post by Surfix007 »

Hi,
I read your posts and still can't figure it out.
When I log on to the unit and click the myQnapCloud icon, I get to the page to configure myQNAPCloud.
If I click on "get started", I entirely email, password I get to the page to enter the device name.
I enter the device name and a message appears "The device name has been registered. Error code 1020002"
When I cancel it says that I cannot register without a myQNAPcloud account. However, I do have a myQNAPcloud account (!?!?!).
When I log onto the myQNAPcloud account (www.myQNAPcloud.com) it says that there is no available device that belongs to me. "Please go to the myQNAPCloud icon and the web-admin page and ... same thing over again.
Any idea what is wrong?
Could there be that I have another QNAP account that I just can't access again?
Esther a way to reset the entire unit?
Thank for your help
Regards
Surfix007
cccclaudio
Starting out

Post by cccclaudio »

I have the same problem. The device I once could have access now isn't available.
Thx in advance.
oIoIooIoIoooIoIooIoIooIoIooIoIoooIoIooIoIooIoIooIooIooIoIooIoIooIoIooIoIo
Model: TS-253 Pro
Current firmware version: 4.3.4.0597
HD: SEAGATE
ROUTER: NOKIA G-240W-B
QNAP_AndyF
Starting out

Post by QNAP_AndyF »

Hi,

The device name might be taken by someone else if you see a 1020002 error.
If you used to own this device name, you can try "Register with an existing device name? Click here to start".
Reuse%20Device%20Name.PNG
Of course, you have to enter the same myQNAPcloud ID. If you don't see this option or device name is not listed, that means your device name is taken by others.

Cheers,
Andy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Andy,

The problem is that the live check is massively delayed - it takes a long time _before_ the check for an already used name is finished, and the input field is marked with a read frame. "Normal" users enter a name there, and submit ... and expect it will be accepted.

Error codes are fine - for one purpose: To translate to human readable information, messages, ... but _not_ to show in a GUI, or in a log on it's own.

-Kurt.
twiga
Starting out

Post by twiga »

I am having the same problem - has anyone figured this out?
Model: TS-453 Pro + TS-653 Pro
fdefunct
New here

Post by fdefunct »

Experiencing the same...

TS-451 on v4.2.1
twiga
Starting out

Post by twiga »

Hi everyone - Are you getting the same issues as http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=122439 ?
Model: TS-453 Pro + TS-653 Pro
fdefunct
New here

Post by fdefunct »

twiga wrote:Hi everyone - Are you getting the same issues as http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=313&t=122439 ?
I'm running the same version of code (4.2.1 (Build 20160419) but don't appear to be having the same issue as in your link. I'm unable to register for the first time, so remote access via the cloud isn't possible yet. Most likely related, though. Even if I use a completely different name the process fails with "Unknown Error Code -995".

From the sound of all this they must be having issues, guess they need to sort it out so I'll just try again at a later time.
Gillest2
First post

Post by Gillest2 »

I had this issue with the registration of cloud services for a TS410.
The NAS name can contain punctuation but the CLOUD name can only be alphanumeric.
With only alphanumeric characters I can register, if I add a - then I get the error message
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Gillest2 wrote:The NAS name can contain punctuation but the CLOUD name can only be alphanumeric.
Yes, this is shown while keying the name ... the input field color does change, and a mouse-over does indicate more:
myQNAPcloud name valid chars.PNG
Gillest2 wrote:With only alphanumeric characters I can register, if I add a - then I get the error message
Yes - for now the "-" is not allowed ... even if valid for DNS A and AAAA records.

Similar - however this takes a few second to check - the UI does notify if a name is already registered:
myQNAPcloud name - already registered.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
queueNap
Starting out

Post by queueNap »

Installing a Let's Encrypt certificate didn't work here, so I logged off from my myQNAPcloud account.
After re-login it's impossible to register the device again - the old device name as well as some generic names (like "oiuz6748udzu9uz87899eud9us99eu" for example) are not accepted.

EDIT: After a reboot of my NAS I could re-register my device again.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

* topic locked to prevent further necroposting *

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”