ADDC Backup error

Questions about using Windows AD service.
gordon8452
New here

ADDC Backup error

Post by gordon8452 »

I am getting consistent warnings every few days from the Domain Services log for the following:

[Domain Services] Log of ADDC database backup to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/homes/xxxxx/dc_backup.exp: /usr/local/samba/bin/tar: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.samba_target/private: file changed as we read it

Any thoughts? Is there a way to set "--ignore-failed-read"? Should the backup not go to a users home directory? I have it set to overwrite the old backup and I wouldn't be opposed to using the other option of appending date so it makes new files if there were some options to purge old backup after so many days instead of manually.
Karlh
Starting out

Re: ADDC Backup error

Post by Karlh »

Same failure here
itguylv
First post

Post by itguylv »

Same here
deejinoz
Starting out

Post by deejinoz »

Hi guys,

I am getting the same error. Did any of you get any kind of resolution to this problem, please?
Attackwave
First post

Post by Attackwave »

Hi,

getting same error.

The backup script backups directory "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.samba_target/private".

During the backup process, data can be written to the msg.sock directory. Then the backup process
ends with this warning.

Workarounds:

Edit file /etc/init.d/smb.sh and change NEW_TAR Variable:

Solution 1: Suppress Warning (I like)
NEW_TAR="/usr/local/samba/bin/tar --warning=no-file-changed"

Solution 2: Exclude Directory (Maybe another data can be written to the directory)
NEW_TAR="/usr/local/samba/bin/tar --exclude=/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.samba_target/private/msg.sock"

Check if it works...

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”