PIR motion detection

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
Demoura
New here

PIR motion detection

Post by Demoura »

Hi

I currently use in my house 2 Dlink Ip cameras and the D-link video recording solution.
Thinking about moving to a NAS and would like to consolidate the surveillance there.
Would the QNAP SS accept PIR motion detection, or only video motion detection?

regards
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: PIR motion detection

Post by AlastairStevenson »

The NAS doesn't have any digital I/O channels as you have in a home security system.
However, when using a camera that either has a built-in PIR detector and Alarm I/O, such as the Hikvision 'cube' cameras (2432 etc) or a camera with Alarm I/O these could be used to trigger recordings or other event actions.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
DiliMe
Getting the hang of things

Post by DiliMe »

Hi all,
I have managed to make a Hikvision Cube camera with PIR and Alarm I/O to record on the Qnap SS only on the events triggered by the PIR, having disabled the soft motion detection. I was exasperated by the number of false alarms triggered by the soft motion detection on clouds and light changes as this camera was monitoring an entrance glass door.
So, I hardwired 1 wire strap from Alarm O to Alarm I and by closing the circuit it is recording following this logic: PIR ->> Alarm Out A->1 ->> wire -> Alarm In A<-1 ->> Notify Surveillance Center ->> QNap SS ->> Alarm Input1 = Closed ->> Start Recording Channels 1&2.
On the QNAP SS, on the Event management -> Cube camera -> Traditional Mode -> Start recording when the camera's alarm input 1 is Closed.
I am writing here as I haven't managed to find it explained on any other forum this setup.

Cheers!
*(Main) TS-253A/8GB - \\SMB server for family documents; SurveilanceStation for 4 x cctv cams; Kodi for playing Movies on TV-HDMI; QuMagie for watching photos archive on smartphones; QMusic for listening music on smartphones; QFile for auto backup of smartphones photos; AutoBackup of family OneDrive/GDrive; Containers (iperf, nginx-proxy, uptime-kuma, influxdb)

*(Backup) TS-112/0,5GB - SurveilanceStation for 2 x cctv cams; RTRR of CCTV live recording from TS-253A; RTRR of all shared folders from TS-253A
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I am writing here as I haven't managed to find it explained on any other forum this setup.
Thanks for sharing, that will be useful to someone.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
Flo007
New here

Post by Flo007 »

I'm using an Advantech Adam 6050 device with QVR Pro. It allows you to use multiple I/O channels, such as external PIR or whatever you want. Just be careful with the HW revision, it needs to be a CE or D version, AE or BE will not work.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”