Disable myQNAPcloud completely?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
iMactouch
Getting the hang of things

Disable myQNAPcloud completely?

Post by iMactouch »

Hello!

I switched off everything which has to do with myQNAPcloud but I still find these entries in my logfile:
2017/01/15 22:10:23 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [myQNAPcloud] DDNS updated WAN IP address to [.....]
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-09 um 20.50.00.png
What can I do to get rid of these things?
I think these still alive myQNAPcloud things don't let my harddrives got to sleep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CylonCenturion

Re: Disable myQNAPcloud completely?

Post by CylonCenturion »

iMactouch wrote:Hello!

I switched off everything which has to do with myQNAPcloud but I still find these entries in my logfile:
2017/01/15 22:10:23 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [myQNAPcloud] DDNS updated WAN IP address to [.....]
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-09 um 20.50.00.png
What can I do to get rid of these things?
I think these still alive myQNAPcloud things don't let my harddrives got to sleep.
Nobody understands you. :!:

please supply more specific and clear information.
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

Nobody understands you.
OK.

Some weeks ago I installed and activated myQNAPcloud. But now I want to get rid of it.
So I deactivated everything which has to to with myQNAPcloud and restarted the NAS (TS_453A with 4.2.2build 20161216).

But I still see DDNS updates happening in the logfile, although DDNS is switched off.

How is this possible?
razormoon
Easy as a breeze

Post by razormoon »

iMactouch wrote:
Nobody understands you.
OK.

Some weeks ago I installed and activated myQNAPcloud. But now I want to get rid of it.
So I deactivated everything which has to to with myQNAPcloud and restarted the NAS (TS_453A with 4.2.2build 20161216).

But I still see DDNS updates happening in the logfile, although DDNS is switched off.

How is this possible?
Did you close account on www.myqnapcloud.com as well? Or at the very least, remove your device from the list?
:!: TVS-871-i7-16G 5.0.0.1932 Build 20220129, KODI, WSE 2019
:?: 1 x KINGSTON SNV325S2 as 2mb block cache, WDC WD40EFRX as RAID5, 1 x WDC WD40EFRX as iSCSI
:idea: APC PRO 1500 S
:-0 WIKI SUPPORT

"Nothing is impossible. Only expensive, illegal or both."
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

No, I did not close it and I did not delete my device from the list.

If it is deactivated on my QNAP, nothing should happen, because there should be nothing that is doing something with myQNAPcloud.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

myQNAPcloud is not just "one" service, it's a combination of various features and functionalities.

No clue why the myQNAPcloud DDNS is still updated - if it's properly disabled. Should not happen, I will check it anyways ... however, not many users might care about - because it's a core or at least nice-to-have feature for most.
iMactouch wrote:I think these still alive myQNAPcloud things don't let my harddrives got to sleep.
I don't think so - the DDNS update with the log entry (triggering a cache wetting, so the HDD will spin-up) does not happen that frequently.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

The trick is easy: Go to https://www.myqnapcloud.com/ - select the device, go to [Device details], and use [Unregister].

After an email chat with QNAP I learnt that there will be some connectivity updates regardless for the "convenience" reasons. Still unclear to me why the disabled DDNS does still trigger the DDNS updates. Will challenge QNAP again after the Chinese New Year.

Regards,
-Kurt.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”