Kodi17 qpkg

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
sonnsterr
Know my way around

Re: Kodi17 qpkg

Post by sonnsterr »

Go to the other site and ask there that is your only option now. We lost a great person here ( father Mande) , Thank you for your hard work...
QNAP TS-1677X 1700 RAM 64G
thewalkernz
Starting out

Post by thewalkernz »

JUPPRAZA wrote: Dear thewalkernz,

I have been happily using Father_Mande's version 2-16.1.1 for over two month now, for which I am eternally grateful to him and his generosity, and I wouldn't want to loose it. Nor would I want to loose the settings/ functionality from the official version of Kodi16 that I have within my version of HD Station (3.2.1) until I'm sure of a replacement. Therefore, can please please help by clarifying your observations: I realise that Father_Mande's version of Krypton 17 creates a separate settings file, but if I install the version of Kodi17 available on qnapclub.eu, will the installation over-write my "user settings files" in the .kodi folder of the official QNAP version of Kodi16 that I have within my version of HD Station?

My question is, I believe, the same as the 2nd question being asked by poster "hslansky" in his/her 12:46 am post today.

many thanks
Based on my experince - yes - it will overwrite your Qnap official Kodi 16.
I had Father Mande's MyKodi 17 installed ready to tweak skins, add ons etc. Alongside the official Qnap16 (no longer available to install or update but still working perfectly). This Kodi 16 was running with heavily custonized Transperancy skin and several add-ons. After installing the new qnapclub.eu version my Kodi 16 had reset to default. No Add ons, no skins, no menu customisation, default Confluence skin. Father Mande's version was unafected.

On top of this - in my experience the qnapclub.eu version crashes any time I try to play music or scan to library .

I hope this is helpful.
DoctorJellybean
Starting out

Post by DoctorJellybean »

I'll be sticking with the version from father_mande, even when there is a newer version. His work.
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

I'd like to know why father_mande doesn't even reply, just to know some more reason from him or just what he thinks about this situation, or if there's the possibility to collaborate with the developer on QNAP.eu to help him in the recompiling process.
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

Thank you as always for your clarifications, fortunately I've downloaded your QPKG the day before you closed the thread. I'm just sorry for the fact that future releases probably will be bugged as hell :(

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
mrs4t4n
Know my way around

Post by mrs4t4n »

@Benna80
Could you share the final qpkg? i'm still in RC4...
Thanks!
MrVideo
Experience counts

Post by MrVideo »

father_mande wrote:so if somebody is out of law ... ... ... ... ... ...
I'm not sure what that is supposed to mean. I know that French is your native language, so what you wrote was a little hard to follow at times.

In a nutshell, I think that users of your package prefer it for at least a couple of reasons: 1) it doesn't crash like the club version and 2) it is the actual Kodi17 release, instead of a release candidate from the club.

While I do not care if it overwrites the internal Kodi16, since that version **. It doesn't support all of the newer audio formats and has issues with some video as well. Your version works. I'm still on an RC myself, but I have all of your releases and will eventually put on the final version, which I did download.

If I have to, I'll stick with your Kodi17 version for the life of it. With any luck, you'll start posting betas for Kodi18, which won't be available from the club.
QTS MANUALS
Submit QNAP Support Ticket - QNAP Tutorials, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki - Product Support Status - Moogle's QNAP FAQ help V2
Asking a question, include the following
(Thanks to Toxic17)
QNAP md_checker nasreport (release 20210309)
===============================
Model: TS-869L -- RAM: 3G -- FW: QTS 4.1.4 Build 20150522 (used for data storage)
WD60EFRX-68L0BN1(x1)/68MYMN1(x7) Red HDDs -- RAID6: 8x6TB -- Cold spare: 1x6TB
Entware
Model: TS-451A -- RAM: 2G -- FW: QTS 4.5.2 Build 20210202 (used as a video server)
WL3000GSA6472(x3) White label NAS HDDs -- RAID5: 3x3TB
Entware -- MyKodi 17.3 (default is Kodi 16)
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos | My 2019 N. Ireland Game of Thrones tour
mrs4t4n
Know my way around

Post by mrs4t4n »

I will keep with the @father_mande mykodi17 rc4 (if someone could share the mykodi17 final ( @MrVideo ? @Benna80 ?), will be highly appreciated).
Not even tried the club version after read that it had a lot of crashes...
@father_mande thanks for your versions, and i hope to see then again in the kodi 18 betas :)
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

mrs4t4n wrote:I will keep with the @father_mande mykodi17 rc4 (if someone could share the mykodi17 final ( @MrVideo ? @Benna80 ?), will be highly appreciated).
Not even tried the club version after read that it had a lot of crashes...
@father_mande thanks for your versions, and i hope to see then again in the kodi 18 betas :)
As soon as i'll arrive at home i'll share my qpkg :)
Tamenori
New here

Post by Tamenori »

MrVideo wrote:I'll stick with your Kodi17 version for the life of it.
+1
QNAP HS-251
Kodi 17.4 (father_mande version)
thewalkernz
Starting out

Post by thewalkernz »

father_mande wrote: And to end : the qnapclub version have more than 2400 installation , I never had such a large number of users ... so support from qnapclub is certainly first class
Father_mande, the qnapclub version has been reported to have critical errors for several users (at least, maybe more). In my personal experience it crashes whenever an audio file is selected to play or library update commences. Whearas your most recent version works perfectly.

Thank you very much for the working version (MyKodi). I do wish you would continue to provide us with the RC updates in the future.
hslansky
Starting out

Post by hslansky »

Hi father_mande,
I think you underestimate the following that you have. I would expect you have more than 2400 real installations, just no way to prove it.

While Qnapclub says 2400 installations, from what I can tell, it is actually only counting the number of times it was download. Since I myself have downloaded 3 times to see if it was updated, the count is not a true number of users.

The other reason we dedicated Kodi users prefer your release is you actually support it and respond to questions. There doesn't seem to be anyone at home on Qnapclub.

While I understand and agree with your reasoning to not have multiple versions, in this situation I think the wrong version won....yours always worked, was current and supported.

Luckily I had downloaded you version and will stay with it for the forseeable future.

I look forward to, and hope you provide qpkgs for 17.1 and 18.

Thank you for all the work you do!!!
pyrrhus
New here

Post by pyrrhus »

+1
father_mande, je n'ai rien de plus à ajoutter à ce qui a été dit. Ton travail est plus qu'apprécié, et ton anglais est pas mal pour un Français ;-)
I've nothing to say more, your work is much more apreciated... and your english is not so bad for a French ;-)
Benna80
Easy as a breeze

Post by Benna80 »

Here is the link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/120 ... 17.0.0.zip

Please inform me if the link is working, is the first time i share using DropBox
pyrrhus
New here

Post by pyrrhus »

Already got a link here viewtopic.php?f=320&t=130087 but several links are better than one :D
Just checked your link and it's working
Thanks a lot for sharing !

Return to “Community Apps”