Cannot delete camera

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
zuzuzu
Starting out

Cannot delete camera

Post by zuzuzu »

Hi,
I can't delete this camera as there is no option to remove camera in the action column. Camera status is unsupported.

Can any one help

Thanks.
Last edited by zuzuzu on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
triptheman
New here

Re: Cannot delete camera

Post by triptheman »

Tested version 5.1.0.4
have the same problem, can´t edit camera 1 and can´t add a new camera,
just shows "...loading data, please wait.." for ever.
Please someone advise :)

Best regards
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

That definitely sounds like a case for the QNAP HelpDesk : https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
jvdmast
Starting out

Post by jvdmast »

I know this topic is old, but with the latest firmware and the latest SS, I experience exact this problem. No delete and hangs when adding.
Has anyone found a solution, beside contacting qnap helpdesk?
jvdmast
Starting out

Post by jvdmast »

I got a response from QNAP support:

Thank you for your support inquiry .
That should be a known issue with Arm series NAS like this TS-212 .
The only solution is to reinitialize this NAS without backup and restore the system settings .

Somehow I feel that this it not a solution but a copy/paste 'answer' that they use if they don't have a real answer?
Or are there really people who had this issue solved that way?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

The only solution is to reinitialize this NAS without backup and restore the system settings .
That sounds a bit drastic. And, I'd guess, not the only way to fix that problem.
I'd go back and say that is not acceptable, please specify the SS-specific configuration files to modify.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
jvdmast
Starting out

Post by jvdmast »

AlastairStevenson wrote:
That sounds a bit drastic. And, I'd guess, not the only way to fix that problem.
I'd go back and say that is not acceptable, please specify the SS-specific configuration files to modify.
Thanks. The imapct is enormous, and manually creating a backup of all data and restoring all data again, and also setting up everything manually would take days.
I asked them if this is really the fix or just a default guess. We'll have to wait another day for a response, seems like I don't have much prio...

In the meantime I found the nvrd config files. I removed the package, removed those config files and reinstalled the package. This caused the package to use clean new config files. My 'wrong' cam is gone now, so that part is solved. But my system still gets stuck at the Please Wait message when I try to add a new camera.

I also installed a fresh Win7-32bit VM under VMware workstation, installed W7-SP1 and updated IE to IE 11. Even this very clean browser setup fails in exact the same Please Wait screen.
jvdmast
Starting out

Post by jvdmast »

Bummer, response is:
Reinitialize NAS is the solution to solve this problem . I am sorry , I know it is not so easy to back up 1.5TB data and restore the system settings manually after reinitialization .

But it is the only solution so far . Thank you for your understanding
jvdmast
Starting out

Post by jvdmast »

Finally solved.
I say firmware 4.3.2 build 20170213 (I had 4.3.2 build 20170126) was available, and that fixed it for me.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

So it seems it was a bug, not recognised as such by the ticket responder.
Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”