unknown uid 0

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
spheremonk
Starting out

unknown uid 0

Post by spheremonk »

Hi all.

Out of nowhere, running "crontab -l" gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

crontab: unknown uid 0
Cron is still running, and editable in /etc/config/crontab. I'm worried about this error; seems to imply something has changed for the admin user, but I've no idea what. Has anyone come across it?

Thanks

Will
OneCD
Guru

Re: unknown uid 0

Post by OneCD »

Hi Will.

When asking a question, please include your NAS model, firmware version and build number.
spheremonk wrote:Out of nowhere, running "crontab -l" gives me the following error:

crontab: unknown uid 0
Haven't seen this one myself. What does your id show?

[/share] # id
uid=0(admin) gid=0(administrators) groups=0(administrators),100(everyone)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spheremonk
Starting out

Post by spheremonk »

Sorry for not giving more info.

TS-251+.
Firmware version 4.2.3 Build 20170213

id: uid=0 gid=0 groups=0,100

It's very odd. I wonder if my .profile is causing it (but it's been working fine for weeks like this, so...)

export PS1='[\w] # '
reset
function starttv { cd /share/old/O*/D*/b*/flex && flexget seen forget "$1" && flexget series begin "$1" "$2"; }
export -f starttv
#unset HISTFILESIZE
#export HISTSIZE=-1
#export HISTIGNORE="history*:pwd:ls*"
#export HISTCONTROL="ignoreboth"
echo "Running .profile"
alias flex='cat /share/old/OnlineSync/Drop/backups/flex/flexget.log'
export PROMPT_COMMAND="history -a;$PROMPT_COMMAND"
shopt -s histappend
#export HISTIGNORE="history*:pwd:ls*"
#export HISTSIZE=-1
alias scripts='cd /share/old/OnlineSync/Drop/backups/scripts'
alias media='cd /share/OldNAS/'
alias bill='python /share/old/OnlineSync/Drop/backups/scripts/rasp/spider/f/billgiles.py GU7'
alias devon='python /share/old/OnlineSync/Drop/backups/scripts/rasp/spider/f/devonweather.py'
alias restartplex='$(getcfg -f /etc/config/qpkg.conf PlexMediaServer Install_path)/plex.sh restart &'
source /opt/etc/profile
spheremonk
Starting out

Post by spheremonk »

I'm still at a loss. New crontab entries are no longer saving, even when I restart crond. Crontab is completely broken (or reliant on this uid, which is the broken part).

I've reinstalled QTS, without success. I can't afford to wipe everything and start over.

Any ideas, at all?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Is Entware-ng or Entware-3x installed on your NAS?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spheremonk
Starting out

Post by spheremonk »

OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Don't know - @zyxmon would be the best person to answer that. ;)

I think Entware-3x supports separate users and groups. But you are using ng and I haven't read anything that says ng does too.

You could try asking him in the Entware sub-forum: viewforum.php?f=351

You could also test this by disabling the Entware-ng package in your App Center and check if you still get that same error. You would then need to log out and back in again from any current SSH sessions to reload your environment variables.

TheBrad
Starting out

Post by TheBrad »

You probably installed busybox from entware-ng, maybe on purpose or accidentially as a dependency. Renaming /opt/bin/crontab (which symlinks to /opt/bin/busybox) to /opt/bin/crontab2 did the trick. It might be useful to rename /opt/bin/wget to /opt/bin/wget2 as well to be able to download from https again.
TS-451DeU
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Installing a different Busybox or rename standard tools and utilities used by QTS is definitively a bad advise. The fact that the generic Entware-ng is available does not qualify to substitute these core features - issues are predictable.

Return to “Users' Corner”