Add custom domain to LetsEncrypt cert

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
BriceHughes

Add custom domain to LetsEncrypt cert

Post by BriceHughes »

Is it possible using the built-in QNAP software to add a domain name to LetsEncrypt certificate? I don't have a static IP, so I'd like to point my domain name at the NAS using myNASname.myqnapcloud.com as a CNAME in the DNS records.

I know it's possible to add alternate domain names to certificates using the software from LetsEncrypt.org, but I don't see that option in QNAP's web interface. If it's not possible through the web interface, is it possible through SSH?

I'm running a TS-251 with firmware 4.3.3 and using the built-in QNAP SSL client to create and renew LetsEncrypt certificate for a myqnapcloud.com DDNS name. I have tried pointing my domain name to myNASname.myqnapcloud.com with a CNAME, and everything seems to work, except the warning about the certificate not being valid for the domain name.
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Re: Add custom domain to LetsEncrypt cert

Post by ensignvorik »

BriceHughes wrote:Is it possible using the built-in QNAP software to add a domain name to LetsEncrypt certificate?
No,

I've used https://www.sslforfree.com/ to manually create the cert for all 4 of my domains on one cert, which works nicely. I just have to remember to do it manually every 90 days. If you sign up they send you email reminders!
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

BriceHughes wrote:Is it possible using the built-in QNAP software to add a domain name to LetsEncrypt certificate?
Yes (sorry @ensignvorik :ashamed: it's hidden in a different place).

Open the Control Panel -> Security -> Certificate & Private Key -> [Replace Certificate] -> Select Let's Encrypt
QTS 4.3.3 - Replace Certificate.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

schumaku wrote:
Yes (sorry @ensignvorik :ashamed: it's hidden in a different place).

Open the Control Panel -> Security -> Certificate & Private Key -> [Replace Certificate] -> Select Let's Encrypt
QTS 4.3.3 - Replace Certificate.PNG
Ha, that's exactly where I uploaded my certificates, I didn't even notice the drop down.

Not wanting to break my cert, I'll do it that way next time, assuming it allows me to do myqnapcloud sub domain, my afraid.org subdomain, and also my two registered domains on the one cert!

I'm assuming I can't have multiple separate certs for each domain?
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

ensignvorik wrote:Not wanting to break my cert, I'll do it that way next time, assuming it allows me to do myqnapcloud sub domain, my afraid.org subdomain, and also my two registered domains on the one cert!
If I would be the owner of a domain, ie. myqnapcloud.com I would stop LE from issuing certificates, as is lowering the trust massively.
ensignvorik wrote:I'm assuming I can't have multiple separate certs for each domain?
As long as we can't associate dedicated certificates ie. to the Virtual Servers on the Web Server service, this would be for nothing.
alifnoon
Starting out

Post by alifnoon »

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do the same thing, I think. I have 4 domains that I want to host on my QNAP. I also have dynamic IP situation.

I have just configured and tested one successfully in the HTTP mode. Don't' ask me how I completed the horrible journey!

Now I want to add ssl to it and create sites on other domains, with more coming down the pike.

I would really appreciate it if a cheatsheet can be created so it cuts down some time for noobs like me.

Any thoughts?

Best regards
moshiklevi
New here

Post by moshiklevi »

Hi Guys,
Has someone figured it out yet?
I'm trying to create multiple subdomain (x.example.com, y.example.com) cert and to store it on the NAS.
  • When I try to "replace certificate" -> "Get from Let's Encrypt" and choose multiple "Alternative names" from the QNAP GUI, I'm getting a ports 80,443 are not open error, even they are (checked with nmap).
Best regards

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”