[ Baikal ] [ 0.9.2.0 ] Lightweight CalDAV+CardDAV server

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
blowfish
Starting out

Re: [ QBaikal ] [ 0.4.6.0 ] Lightweight CalDAV+CardDAV server

Post by blowfish »

Hello All,

I note the version in QNAP club is 0.4.5. And that presenceofmind notes 0.4.6 workin on 4.3.3.0154 f'ware.

I guess I have a few questions;

1. Is the 0.4.6 version suitable for 64-bit architecture (or so QNAP tell me it is).

2. Can the QNAP Club repo be trusted?

3. Would you personally go Baikal over Radicale?

All assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Viish
New here

Post by Viish »

Hi,

I've updated my QNAP to 4.3.3.0154,I'm using Baikal 0.4.6 and it works great !

Cheers,
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

Thanks a lot for the Info :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
blowfish
Starting out

Post by blowfish »

much appreciated. thanks.
blowfish
Starting out

Post by blowfish »

Hoping for either a little further assistance here please. Or even just a prod in the right direction will do.

I have QBaikal installed and can access calendars on it from other devices. Great!

What I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to delegate access to a given calendar. I've tried reading the docs, but get re-directed to the sabre docs site. Which is fair enough as if I've understood correctly, Baikal (and in turn Stephane's QBaikal pkg) is built on sabre yes??

My problem is I do not know whether or even how I should be running these cmds I see on the sabre docs to enable sharing. I was under the impression that this sharing was already built-in to Baikal, in which case I wouldn't expect to have to be entering any cmds like that. But the Baikal admin interface isn't throwing up anything obvious where I would/could/should configure sharing.

E.g. logging into the baikal UI as a user(calendar owner) and not admin, I see a plugins page. Read the links on there and they just talk about certain plugins, not whether they are actually installed or not. Click on them and the links take one to Sabre. So do I need to install these or are they already installed? And IF I need to install them, where do I need to be in the cmd structure in order to execute these cmds.

I guess my larger problem is I still haven't got my head around how the QNAP is set up and handles packages. I have no problem messing around in cmdline world. But my experience is based on RHEL and I can find my way around Ubuntu (based on debian I believe), but I'm just a bit lost to get underneath and understand how whatever linux QTS is using is put together and how the whole pkg system fits in with and operates with the QTS UI.

So, if anyone has a clearer explanation of exactly WHAT is already compiled/configured into QBaikal and whether or not, there are indeed cmds I need to enter into it in order to set up calendar delegation, I would be really grateful to hear it please.
SpiridonLouis
Getting the hang of things

Post by SpiridonLouis »

Hi,

I tried to install on a 4.3.3 QNAP and I want to use MySQL. But I am getting this error:
Validation error
Baïkal was not able to establish a connexion to the MySQL database as configured.
MySQL says: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1115 Unknown character set: 'utf8mb4'

I already tried changing utf8 to different settings in phpMyAdmin but the error stays the same. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
antonsack
New here

Post by antonsack »

Hi there,

first of all: thanks for this nice server for calendar and contact sync! Your work is highly appreciated!

I managed to sync both contacts and calendar with my android device and the contacts also with my MacBook. But what drives me crazy is the sync MacBook <-> Calendar. I just don't manage to get this to work.

I created the .htaccess file containing:

Code: Select all

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteEngine On
        <Files ~ "^\.(htaccess|htpasswd)$">
        allow from all
        </Files>
        Redirect permanent /.well-known/carddav /baikal/html/dav.php
        Redirect permanent /.well-known/caldav /baikal/html/dav.php
        order deny,allow
        require all granted
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
        ExpiresActive Off
</IfModule>
But when creating the calDav account in MacOS Sierra with the following settings...

Account Type: Manual
User Name: MyUser (also has WebDav rights)
Password: XXXX
Server Address: X.X.X.47

...I do get errors in the Mac console I don't understand:

Code: Select all

[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [Auto-discovery finished with accountInfo (null) and error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "(null)".]
[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [Auto-discovery for (null) failed with error Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "(null)".]
[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [The user didn't tell us to try auto-discovery via HTTP, so we'll return ACErrorInsecureAuthenticationRejected. Accounts.framework will then prompt the user to connect via HTTP.]
[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [Auto-discovery for MyUser (A09E5C78-6105-4D5F-B746-79440AF2ACF2) completed.
principalURL = (null)
error = Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=10001 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7feb22526660 {Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "(null)"}, Hostname=X.X.X.47}
username = MyUser]
[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [Calling completion block with account error Error Domain=com.apple.accounts Code=10001 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x7feb22526660 {Error Domain=CoreDAVErrorDomain Code=3 "(null)"}, Hostname=X.X.X.47}.]
[com.apple.calendar.accounts.authentication] [Dequeued <CalAutoDiscoveryOperation: 0x7feb2223ec70>.  In-flight operations for A09E5C78-6105-4D5F-B746-79440AF2ACF2: {(
)}]
It would be great if someone could give me a hint what to change so that the sync works.

Cheers
antonsack
New here

Post by antonsack »

Nobody? :-(
Waldi-X
Starting out

Post by Waldi-X »

SpiridonLouis wrote:... install on a 4.3.3 QNAP ....
QBaikal 0.2.. worked very well on QNAP FW 4.2... :-)
Yesterday I installed FW 4.3.3 QNAP maiden-like and QBaikal 0.4.6.
In dir ..Specific/db I copied my backuped sqlite.db

Result:
- QBaikal Admin Install worded well and reconized my old sqlite.db. :-)
- But I can not connect to this data: :-(
-> QNAP: WEBDAV allowed
-> "https://myhost:8081/baikal/html/dav.dhl ... me/default"

Could someone help?
Thanks.
Waldi-X
FW: 4.3.3.0238 :-(
Waldi-X
Starting out

Post by Waldi-X »

QNAP_Stephane wrote:Thanks a lot for the Info :)
Hi Stephane,
I posted this:

viewtopic.php?f=121&t=133677&p=628768#p628768

could you help? Thanks.
Waldi-X
cottager
New here

Post by cottager »

I had some difficulty getting access from an iPhone to the calendar, so I thought I'd mention what worked in case others need this info. If this information is somewhere in this thread, I never found it.

For outlook 2010 and Mac OS X calendar app, I was able to use this server address/uri: "SERVER/baikal/cal.php/calendars/USER/default/". However, this would not work for iOS. I would see green checkmarks and it seemed to be fine. I could go into Calendars and add it, but it gave a message that it couldn't connect. After some looking at path information, I instead tried "SERVER/baikal/cal.php/principals/USER/". Or cal.php can be dav.php, which is what I wrote down in my docs for either caldav or carddav.
Waldi-X
Starting out

Post by Waldi-X »

Hello,

perhaps:
"https://myhost:xxxx/baikal/html/dav.dhl/calendars/myname/default"
Meister_Knobi
New here

Post by Meister_Knobi »

Hello,

i have problems to connecting any Device to my 0.4.6 instalation.

in my browser i can connect via https://192.168.178.10:8081/baikal/card ... r/default/ but any other device (android 6.? with DAVDroid, ios, thunderbird with SoGo) it didnt work, i tried various urls for card.php, cal.php and even dav.php, including all listet urls above. Nothing worked for me.

I hope you guys have some advise for me.
halol

Post by halol »

Hello,
Has anybody been able to send invitations when adding meetings to the calendar? I haven't been able to get this working, but I don't know if this is an issue with QBaikal only or if this is a more general problem with Baikal.
Thanks.
TVS-663
mydjtl

Post by mydjtl »

Will this sync my outl0ook and google calendars? WOrth trying as I wait for QcalAgent

http://files.qnap.com/news/pressresourc ... 171221.pdf
TS-251+
(2) Seagate IronWolf 12TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives
8gb RAM in one slot. 4.3.3
Firmware as of 3/8/2020: 4.4.1.1216 (2/14/2020)

Return to “Community Apps”