"Compatable" Camera not compatable

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
tpsmc
New here

"Compatable" Camera not compatable

Post by tpsmc »

Setup
I have a QNap T-112. Running Firmware QTS 4.3.3.0229 build 20170624.
Installed on the QNAP is SS version 5.1.1.3.3 2017/06/01
I have an Amcrest IP3M-941B IP camera running firmware version 2.420.AC00.18.R, Build Date: 2017-05-21 on my network. This camera is on the compatability list.

Problem
When I try to add this camera to the station the auto search for cameras just spins and spins for both uPNP and the ONVIF option. I manually select the camera manufacturer and model, enter the IP, and credentials (ports are all default).
I get the error:

Troubleshooting Details
Now I have been pulling my hair out the last 6 hours changing ports, changing onvif auth, trying different camera make model etc. Here is what I have found.

I am able to add a generic camera with the RTSP option. I just make the URL /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
This works all well and good until you actually want to use a feature like record audio, PTZ, etc. so generic camera config is big waste of money and loss of features.

It will work with Avigilon / 2.0MP H264 HD Dome as the make / model, again I lose features with this setup.

I have confirmed I can connect to the camera using ONVIF Device Manager. I am able to control the camera and get live feed using this tool. Live video URL: rtsp://10.0.0.98:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Suspected Cause
I suspect that the SS has a DB of cameras and settings, I suspect the RTSP URL is not correct in this DB when you select Amcrest / IP3M-941 as your camera make / model.

Plea for Help
HELP me PLEASE for the love of god!
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Re: "Compatable" Camera not compatable

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

tpsmc wrote: Plea for Help
HELP me PLEASE for the love of god!
https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility-s ... nd=Amcrest

step1:
create a support ticket via qts ideally, or here. you can expect a reply within 24 hours (not counting non business days on weekends/holidays), if no reply by then you can send a reminder or call their hotline.
helpdesk.qnap.com

step2:
you may make a thread here like you just did. usually just other qnap users will chime in to comment. but it's not the best place to get technical support from qnap to assist with issues normally, hence why you should create a ticket first.

step3:
if the situation is time critical and you want expedite, you can straight up call the technical support hotline closest to you. I still recommend creating a ticket beforehand though before calling up, then you can use the ticket number to reference your specific issue :mrgreen:

https://www.qnap.com/en/about/con_show. ... wone&cid=1

If remote support is required, you may need to do the necessary port forwarding on your router to allow this to work from helpdesk in QTS.
Please note: Only the ticket specified by the QNAP support team can be used to enable Remote Support. The helpdesk.qnap.com ports 22, 443 must be unblocked to allow our support team to connect to your NAS.
https://www.qnap.com/en/how-to/tutorial ... e-feedback

PS: It's "compatible" :mrgreen: I recommend the use of this for non native speaker
https://translate.google.com
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
tpsmc
New here

Post by tpsmc »

Thank you. This information is helpful, I have opened a support ticket and will update this post with the results.
Dwkdiver
Starting out

Post by Dwkdiver »

Any progress on this , anybody?

Is the issue fixed?
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

I have confirmed I can connect to the camera using ONVIF Device Manager. I am able to control the camera and get live feed using this tool.
You should therefore be able to connect the camera to SS as an ONVIF ProfileS model, and get increased functionality, potentially including motion detection.
But to configure it, you will need to know the 'ONVIF port'.
This can be seen in ODM at the bottom of the Identification page.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
tpsmc
New here

Post by tpsmc »

As promised, I am reporting back with a "Fix". The fix was to downgrade the camera to the previous firmware (Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.17.R.20170322)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... 170322.bin

Note: This firmware contains security issues and your camera should be behind a firewall if you choose to use this firmware.
Dwkdiver
Starting out

Post by Dwkdiver »

Does this FIX also fix the connecting-idle-disconnected issue when the video resolution is set to high?

Thanks
Dwkdiver
Starting out

Post by Dwkdiver »

Well I can answer my own question...yes it does fix all issues.
ugh-youagain
First post

Post by ugh-youagain »

tpsmc wrote:As promised, I am reporting back with a "Fix". The fix was to downgrade the camera to the previous firmware (Amcrest_IPC-AWXX-V2_Eng_N_V2.420.AC00.17.R.20170322)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/ ... 170322.bin

Note: This firmware contains security issues and your camera should be behind a firewall if you choose to use this firmware.

THIS, THIS, THIS!!! I spent hours today trying to figure out why my camera got stuck in the "Connecting" status even though I could get a verified "Test" result with ONVIF but the same result OP got when using the Amcrest specific settings.

Thank you for this fix. I had to downgrade to the oldest International driver version that Amcrest has on their site. Not happy about purposely rolling back the product but very grateful for your post and fix. I created an account on the forum just to show my gratitude and say thank you!!!
tjhcom
First post

Post by tjhcom »

This worked for me as well. I have the IP2M-841W and had to go to the oldest driver, the international driver, before I could get the camera to connect. This after spending 2.5 hours on the phone with Armcrest support with no results. Thanks much.
filovirus
Getting the hang of things

Post by filovirus »

Just so I understand, this is an Amcrest firmware issue? I am close to buying about 12 Amcrest 4MP bullet cameras for my new home, but am now a bit hesitant if their firmware updates break SS.
TS-870 Pro EOL - JBOD/NAS Backup Remote
TS-873 QTS 5.0.0.2055 (5/13/2022) Seagate 6tb x 8 in RAID10
edsai
New here

Post by edsai »

I was able to get it to work with an IP3M-956 (that isn't in the compatibility list for Amcrest cams) by turning off ONVIF Authentication in the camera itself. I'm not sure if this is ideal but the camera is behind a firewall.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”