(SOLVED) Unable to access to internet :?:

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
ApolloPT
Getting the hang of things

(SOLVED) Unable to access to internet :?:

Post by ApolloPT »

Hello guys,

I have a QNAP TS-459 Pro II, using both two NICs are trucked with load balance, but only one NIC is being used.

There is a static IP configuration where I am able to access QNAP from LAN without problem, but unable to communicate with internet. In my firewall router there is no traffic being blocked to outside connections.

I can ping to local machines but cannot to external in internet. There is no problem with my local DNS server, it can resolve both internal as well as external machine names, but with the last one is unable to ping to those IP's.

So anyone here knows what can be blocking this access? It can be from the fact that I am using just one NIC from two using trunking?

I dont have freedom to just do a test to see if it is from being using trunking, because there are other users always using my QNAP.
Last edited by ApolloPT on Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Unable to access to internet :?:

Post by Trexx »

ApolloPT wrote:Hello guys,

I have a QNAP TS-459 Pro II, using both two NICs are trucked with load balance, but only one NIC is being used.

There is a static IP configuration where I am able to access QNAP from LAN without problem, but unable to communicate with internet. In my firewall router there is no traffic being blocked to outside connections.

I can ping to local machines but cannot to external in internet. There is no problem with my local DNS server, it can resolve both internal as well as external machine names, but with the last one is unable to ping to those IP's.

So anyone here knows what can be blocking this access? It can be from the fact that I am using just one NIC from two using trunking?

I dont have freedom to just do a test to see if it is from being using trunking, because there are other users always using my QNAP.
1st, lets simplify things. Unplug your 2nd NIC and remove your load-balance config.

Also QTS version and build information would be helpful.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Also provide following NAS info - IP address, subnet mask, gateway IP, and DNS IP(s).
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

Trexx wrote:
ApolloPT wrote:Hello guys,

1st, lets simplify things. Unplug your 2nd NIC and remove your load-balance config.

Also QTS version and build information would be helpful.
Firmware version: 4.2.5
Model: Ts-459 Pro II

2nd NIC is not plugged, and I will have to wait to remove trunking to use just one NIC (I will try it in the end of the day)
Don wrote:Also provide following NAS info - IP address, subnet mask, gateway IP, and DNS IP(s).
Doesnt seem relevant but here it goes:

IP: 10.0.0.5
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.138
DNS Server: 10.0.0.2

P.S. this configuration is used by all machines in this subnet, and all have connection to internet.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

ApolloPT wrote:
Don wrote:Also provide following NAS info - IP address, subnet mask, gateway IP, and DNS IP(s).
Doesnt seem relevant but here it goes:

IP: 10.0.0.5
Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.138
DNS Server: 10.0.0.2

P.S. this configuration is used by all machines in this subnet, and all have connection to internet.
It's relevant if it wasn't configured correctly.

What error message do you get when you ping an internet IP address from the NAS?

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
ApolloPT

Post by ApolloPT »

It was from having trunking activated, after disable it and use just one interface, my qnap gain access to internet again. I have also tried to use trunking with both NICs until disable it but still I didnt was able to gain access.

I will take another shot in the future to see if I can use both without problem.

Thanks guys!
antarias
First post

Re: (SOLVED) Unable to access to internet :?:

Post by antarias »

Hello, had the same problem.
I logged via ssh and saw I could ping by ip and not by dns.
I edited /etc/resolv.conf, there was only one line:
nameserver 127.0.1.1
I replaced by
nameserver 8.8.8.8
and it began to work
But after restarting, the problem would continue..
It seems DNS configuration at the iface or vswitch level does not correct this problem..!
Anyone from QNAP, could you hace a look at this?
Thks!
Don
Guru

Re: (SOLVED) Unable to access to internet :?:

Post by Don »

This is a community forum and QNAP does not participate. You need to open a ticket with QNAP.

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”