4.3.3.0262 build 20170727 - Autorun Feature

Introduce yourself to us and other members here, or share your own product reviews, suggestions, and tips and tricks of using QNAP products.
louiscar
Easy as a breeze

4.3.3.0262 build 20170727 - Autorun Feature

Post by louiscar »

So in the list for this firmware I saw this:

https://www.qnap.com/en-uk/download?mod ... y=firmware

[New Feature]
- Added support for sending notification mails in plain text.
- Added the option to choose whether non-QNAP apps can be installed in the App Center.
- Added the option to execute an autorun script upon NAS startup.

Does anyone know how this is implemented and how to use it? I don't see any option in QTS so far to submit a script but there is no information anywhere that I can see how to use it.
Model : TS-453 Pro
Firmware : 5.0.0.1828
4x WD RED 3TB - Raid 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: 4.3.3.0262 build 20170727 - Autorun Feature

Post by schumaku »

Hi,

In Control Panel -> Hardware it is ... and the function search does not cover it :shock:
Autorun on QTS 4.3.3.0262 ff.PNG
Regards,
-Kurt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spycho
New here

Post by spycho »

OK, thank you.
I also wondered where this feature is located. Now my question is where is the autorun.sh script located, there is only a 'view' but not a 'edit' button on the hardware menu.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Marc
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Hi Marc,
spycho wrote:Now my question is where is the autorun.sh script located, there is only a 'view' but not a 'edit' button on the hardware menu.
I'd wish there would be an [Edit] option here, too.

Creating and maintaining the autorun.sh file must be done "the hard way" as shown here -> https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Running_Your ... at_Startup ... use the editautorun.sh approach (just the commands, or keep it as a file) - but the appropriate one matching your NAS model.
louiscar
Easy as a breeze

Post by louiscar »

Rather late to answer Kurt because I didn't subscribe to my own post :-)
Thanks for your reply - actually I had slung the question at a tech as I had a ticket open for something else and they showed me.

I had noticed that my autorun wasn't working and of course I had put one in some time ago after seeing Patrick's post on the issue. Now all it seems to do is (as pointed out by spycho) it isn't exactly as one should describe "- Added the option to execute an autorun script upon NAS startup.", rather it appears to be a support for those who have used Patrick's method and to now enable it.

So if we are to be honest the feature should really read something like :

"- allows Autorun.sh to be enabled / disabled from the QTS desktop [default: disabled]"

because when this firmware was installed that setting was unchecked by default and of course it's disabled"

Really they should have completed the job and allowed a basic edit however, it would be interesting to see what the "view autorun.sh" does when someone hasn't installed it previously. Is it the same as Patrick's script which points to /etc/config/autrorun.sh AND then writes the confirmation that it ran by creating autrorun.ran ? If so then we probably don't need to edit it as all we need will go into /etc/config/autorun.sh .. and it would mean that Qnap have implemented Patrick's script directly.

Perhaps this was because a lot of people mentioned it ?? I know I asked a while ago before Patrick wrote his post and they said "why do you want to run things on boot??" - I had told them that a lot of stuff including cron jobs reset after a reboot but at the time this particular tech didn't get it.
Model : TS-453 Pro
Firmware : 5.0.0.1828
4x WD RED 3TB - Raid 5
bugyou3
Know my way around

Post by bugyou3 »

Another half-assed feature coming years late the implementation of which serves little purpose other than pi**ing people off with the horrible misimplementation. Very much useless as is. Sigh.
Qnap Community Forums - No spam and no idiots in charge. Move now!
kasimodo
New here

Post by kasimodo »

sorry,
my english is too bad!

in german:

Das Eintragen einer eigenen Anwendung in die "qpkg.conf" (Autorun) wir in der aktuellen Firmwareversion von QNAP bewusst und aktiv geblockt!

Qnap hat in die /etc/init.d/init_qpkg.sh eine Funktion check_qpkg_official() eingebaut!

Diese Funktion setzt eure Anwendung Autorun auf Enable = False

Hier der Code aus der init_qpkg.sh (Ausschnitt):
Shell-Script: init_qpkg.sh

Code: Select all

check_qpkg_official()
{
	/sbin/qpkg_cli --check_official 0 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null
}
Hier die Hilfe zur Bin: /sbin/qpkg_cli --check_official

https://forum.qnapclub.de/thread/44724- ... post265825
-----
Я мог только изучать русский язык :(
and this is even worse than my English. :shock: :D
jamisiek1978
New here

Post by jamisiek1978 »

My English is not the best either. Since it is internationally I will be writing in Polish.

in: polish

Spotkał mnie dziś ten sam problem. Musisz dla swojego pliku prawidłowo wpisać wszystkie parametry qpkg.conf
Przykładowo:
Tworzymy skrypt autorun.sh w folderze ../.qpkg/autorun

Folder autorun powinien zawierać:
autorun.sh //twój skrypt
.list //lista plików w folderze - można zobaczyć w innych aplikacjach jak ten plik powinien wyglądać
.gpkg_icon.gif //plik ikony na pulpit QTS
.qpkg_icon_gray.gif //plik ikony czarno biały

Teraz wpis w qpkg.conf może wyglądać na przykład tak:
[autorun]
Name = Autorun
Class = null
Display_Name = Autorun
Version = 0.1
Author = Imię
QPKG_File = Autorun.qpkg //ta linijka musi być. Możesz wpisać jakąś bzdurę ale bez tej linii od razu zobaczysz czaszkę z błędem konfiguracji
Date = 2017-08-04
Shell = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/autorun/autorun.sh
Install_Path = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/autorun
Enable = TRUE

To powinno wystarczyć. Jeśli faktycznie nadal uparcie będzie blokowany autorun.sh to po prostu nazwij to jakoś inaczej. U mnie aktualnie jest my_app.sh w folderze my_app i tak dalej. Po prostu nie używałem nigdzie wpisu autorun. Wszystko sprawdzone i działa.

powodzenia :)
jamisiek1978
New here

Post by jamisiek1978 »

Jeszcze jedno plik skryptu powinien zawierać po #!/bin/sh :

CONF=/etc/config/qpkg.conf
QPKG_NAME="Autorun"
serban6
New here

Post by serban6 »

Hi, and in english how is looking like?
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

This is an English language forum. Please post in English.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
jamisiek1978
New here

Post by jamisiek1978 »

I think that with today's translator capabilities, information is more important than language.
However, if you are so orthodox and you are so bothered by it, then report these posts for removal.
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

jamisiek1978 wrote:I think that with today's translator capabilities, information is more important than language.
However, if you are so orthodox and you are so bothered by it, then report these posts for removal.
https://translate.google.com/

[youtube=]RFxajXTQWkE[/youtube]

[youtube=]Ro-HfETpzhc[/youtube]

agreed :) however out of courtesy probably should translate to english themselves beforehand, and not expect the english forum to do on their behalf.

Moogle translations :shock: via google translate
Today I encountered the same problem. You need to enter all parameters correctly for your file qpkg.conf

For example:
We create an autorun.sh script in a folder ../.qpkg/autorun

Folder autorun Should contain

Autorun.sh // your script
.list // list of files in a folder - you can see in other applications how this file should look
.gpkg_icon.gif // QTS desktop icon file
.qpkg_icon_gray.gif // file icon black and white
Now the entry in qpkg.conf might look like this:

[Autorun]
Name = Autorun
Class = null
Display_Name = Autorun
Version = 0.1
Author = Name
QPKG_File = Autorun.qpkg // this line must be. You can type some nonsense but without this line you will see skulls with configuration error right away
Date = 2017-08-04
Shell = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/autorun/autorun.sh
Install_Path = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/autorun
Enable = TRUE
That should be enough. If you are still stubbornly going to be blocked by autorun.sh then just call it something else. My_app.sh is currently in my_app folder and so on. I just did not use an autorun entry anywhere. Everything checked and working.

Good luck 8)

- jamisiek1978

moogle random fun facts for the day :mrgreen:
However google translate may not always be perfect. i recall a few articles i read recently that came to mind

This one explains how mexicans perceive time culture differently. One guy ordered an ice cream thinking it's coming soon but when it didn't he asked again and the guy repeated dragging out the ‘i’ ‒ “Ahoriiiiita”. His face was a mix of confusion and maybe even embarrassment. apparently When someone from Mexico says ‘ahorita’, they should almost never be taken literally. “When a Mexican says ‘ahorita’, it could mean tomorrow, in an hour, within five years or never.” Kinda bizarre to most people from not mexico how anyone could be so lax and inprecise with something as important as time like that :shock:
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2017072 ... -tell-time

why people think German's aren't funny (it gets lost in translation, and when your expected to explain it to non german speakers, it's no longer funny)
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2017080 ... rent-funny
*added to my faq link :)
Last edited by Moogle Stiltzkin on Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
jamisiek1978
New here

Post by jamisiek1978 »

Ok you are right I will try to write only English as far as I can.
jogi2404
First post

Post by jogi2404 »

Thank you for this helpful information. Now my Autorun works again after the firmware update.

Return to “Users' Corner”