DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
CylonCenturion

Re: Kodi crash every time trying to play video files

Post by CylonCenturion »

sybren wrote:
CylonCenturion wrote:
propper wrote:Hi,
this has happened to me as well..
There must have been some compatibility issue of the latest 4.3.3 version with latest HD station and Kodi 17.3.00.. on HS-251+.

I had to downgrade to 4.2.5 NAS firmware to make it work again.
It looked like the sound was garbled.. The Kodi could not find the right driver or what.. and then it crashed..

Spent several hours of backups and reinstalls. Looking for a solution in every update..
from what vendor do you use Kodi?
The notorious qpkg from the qnapclub?
I am using the qpkg from qnapclub and it is causing me problems. Are there any alternatives?
Yes, friend :wink: :wink:
https://father-mande.ovh/Q/F/mykodi17_17.3.0.zip
Avoid kodi from the qnapclub.
sybren
New here

Post by sybren »

CylonCenturion wrote:
sybren wrote:
CylonCenturion wrote:
propper wrote:Hi,
this has happened to me as well..
There must have been some compatibility issue of the latest 4.3.3 version with latest HD station and Kodi 17.3.00.. on HS-251+.

I had to downgrade to 4.2.5 NAS firmware to make it work again.
It looked like the sound was garbled.. The Kodi could not find the right driver or what.. and then it crashed..

Spent several hours of backups and reinstalls. Looking for a solution in every update..
from what vendor do you use Kodi?
The notorious qpkg from the qnapclub?
I am using the qpkg from qnapclub and it is causing me problems. Are there any alternatives?
Yes, friend :wink: :wink:
https://father-mande.ovh/Q/F/mykodi17_17.3.0.zip
Avoid kodi from the qnapclub.
Awesome suggestion. Thanks for replying. I'm afraid however that the link is down (The requested URL /Q/F/mykodi17_17.3.0.zip was not found on this server.). Any backups? I also don't mind getting an older version e.g. 17.0 or 17.1. As long as I can play video's again ;-) Thanks again.
CylonCenturion

Post by CylonCenturion »

Link works perfect here.
sybren
New here

Post by sybren »

father_mande wrote:Hi,

Retry ... please
Or use the home page ...
https://www.father-mande.ovh/

Philippe.
Awesome! Links work! Will check if Kodi works better. Thanks so much.
sybren
New here

Post by sybren »

Retry ... please
Or use the home page ...
https://www.father-mande.ovh/

Philippe.
Thanks again, installed it, and it plays video, but sound is stuttering and sometimes video starts all over again. Any suggestions?
thewalkernz
Starting out

Post by thewalkernz »

sybren wrote:Thanks again, installed it, and it plays video, but sound is stuttering and sometimes video starts all over again. Any suggestions?
I've experienced the same. Using Father Mande's excellent MyKodi (Qnapclub version is a dog with poor support, worth avoiding):
Under one of the settings (Player, I think) with the setting level set to expert you can toggle OFF two different versions of "Hardware acceleration". With one of the options on I get an instant Kodi exit when trying to play any video file, with the other I get an out of sync & stuttering audio. With both off - it plays fine.

Hope that works for you.
djphat2000
Starting out

Post by djphat2000 »

Hello all. Thanks Father for the updates for Kodi.
I have a question, but it may be more than can be answered (possibly, hope not).
I have the TS-451+. I had to back out of 4.3.2 some time ago do to my remote control not working anymore. So I am back at 4.2.5 which works fine most of the time with Kodi 17 (RC).
I still use 16 and I believe I am on HD Station 3.1B or A.
I'd like to upgrade to a newer release, but I don't want to go thru all mess if it doesn't work again.

So, can I use 17.3 Father Mandate build on my current install? If so, great I will just use that and rock on. If I need to upgrade other parts. Any one have any luck with my particular model and which versions of firmware/HD station/Kodi I should be at?

Any help would be great, thanks. I also use this for surveillance station and need my camera to work with it as well. I don't recall that breaking before, so I think I should be ok either way.

Thanks!
babuja
Know my way around

Post by babuja »

I'm on TS-251+ with kodi 16 and working great. However i would like to do a kodi clean addons and repos and can't find a way to do a reset. Any ideas guys? And where can i find kodi 16 for download? Tnks guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
sybren
New here

Post by sybren »

F.Y.I. I write the model and QTS / HD_Station I use for my tests ...
... I try to follow each update to be sure that no regression exist ... BUT this imply that I can't check if mykodi17 works with previous QTS and / or HD_Station

Theoretically it MUST works
1 ... because it's not linked to QTS itself, except for kernel modules change by QNAP (so if lirc problem are not linked to kernel modules ... problem is ONLY linked to HD_Station where lirc is configured) BUT only to HD_Station
2 ... I can test ONLY on model I own (one x53 Pro (first generation) and one x73) ... I am a user like you not QNAP's or QNAP's support member as others ...
... so if something is different due to the CPU / SOC or change in QTS or HD_Station ... I have NO POSSIBILITY TO TEST on this modified models ...

So my recommendation is :
install mykodi17 (.3)
... test it ... if fail ...
... have a look to kodi.log (date_time of the file and content if started), dmesg to see if a kernel problem or segfault is displayed and try to start mykodi17 manually to have in a console the output (ex. for a missing library in your model ... in this case I can try to provide the missing libs ... )

Minimum requirement are QTS 3.x and HD_Station 3.1.x (as I know) but in fact I don't know for QTS 4.2 ... I will move to 4.3 early before mykodi17 first delivery ...

Philippe.
Hi again, sorry for getting back on such an old topic. Unfortunately I'm still experiencing audio troubles which doesn't allow me to watch any video. I enabled logging, pressed play for a movie and uploaded the result to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/WW2GHsGP
I hope you can see something 'special' in the log.

This is my setup:

Sony HD-55S8505C
Bose 2.1 with digital audio connected to my Sony TV
HS-251+ connected with HDMI (also tried several different HDMI cables)

Software versions
Qnap 4.3.3.0361
HD Station: 3.0.9
mykodi 17.5 (also tried 17.4)

I had to disable 'VAAPI render acceleration', otherwise Kodi will crash immediately. I also tried 'PulseAudio Sound Server' and 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI' in the audio settings.
I also tried the Qnapcloud version, which is also not working.

=============================

EDIT: O my... I now see that I still had HD Station 3.0.9. There was no update available (how??) in my App Center, however I now manually updated HD Station to v3.1.C trough the website (https://www.qnap.com/nl-nl/app_center/c ... 4.3&seq=42). It is now working for me.
Last edited by sybren on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sybren
New here

Post by sybren »

Thanks Philippe! I didn't know HS-251+ was already that old, I only have it for over 1 year...

Do you know why I was able to update it manually through the website (https://www.qnap.com/nl-nl/app_center/c ... 4.3&seq=42)? Does not make sense for me. However, I am happy that I can play movies again Thanks for helping out!

Return to “Media Streaming”