Update RSS Update Interval

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
mm98
New here

Update RSS Update Interval

Post by mm98 »

Hi.

I've looked at the code defining RSS Update intervals. This should be a very easy to add other intervals for QNAP. I've edited two javascript files (ds-setup.js and ds-viewer.js), and now i can use 1, 2, 3, 6 hours (minutes can't be defined atm).
I don't understand, why QNAP hasn't changed this long time ago? I can see that there are lots of requests for this i QDownload (Manager).

// CP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ebeng
New here

Re: Update RSS Update Interval

Post by ebeng »

hi,

can you please post your findings in pastebin?
astridman
First post

Post by astridman »

Does anybody know where the two files the OP mentioned are located? (ds-setup.js and ds-viewer.js)

I got as far as /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Qdownload but still can't find them
flinomartins
Getting the hang of things

Post by flinomartins »

Hi,

You'll find them in (v3) /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/DSv3/home/httpd/cgi-bin/Qdownload/libs
flinomartins

Post by flinomartins »

Hi,

I've edited these two files in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/DSv3/home/httpd/cgi-bin/Qdownload/libs but there's no change.
Is this different in V3?
If so, could you post a copy of them?

Thx
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

I think I've messed up an now RSS doesn't even fetch anymore.

Any tips on getting this to "work" again? I was about to try and tweak this to reduce the 12h but I've realized that it doesn't update feeds at all!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

BTW I'm struggling with the items marked as new and as finished, if you feel what I'm talking about please take a look here:
viewtopic.php?t=131401

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Mike61704
New here

Post by Mike61704 »

For the love of god and all things beautiful, please someone help to reduce the time interval to lower than 12 hours. There has to be a god.... I will DONATE MONEY to a paypal or something if someone gets this fixed.
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Mike61704 wrote:For the love of god and all things beautiful, please someone help to reduce the time interval to lower than 12 hours. There has to be a god.... I will DONATE MONEY to a paypal or something if someone gets this fixed.
AMEN +1
Mike61704
New here

Post by Mike61704 »

mm98 wrote:Hi.

I've looked at the code defining RSS Update intervals. This should be a very easy to add other intervals for QNAP. I've edited two javascript files (ds-setup.js and ds-viewer.js), and now i can use 1, 2, 3, 6 hours (minutes can't be defined atm).
I don't understand, why QNAP hasn't changed this long time ago? I can see that there are lots of requests for this i QDownload (Manager).

// CP
How come this guy wont post the fix for this? or how its done. Why even post something like this without helping others? Makes no sense at all. I tried looking for those files and couldn't find anything. This is driving me mad.
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Mike61704 wrote:
mm98 wrote:Hi.

// CP
How come this guy wont post the fix for this? or how its done. Why even post something like this without helping others? Makes no sense at all. I tried looking for those files and couldn't find anything. This is driving me mad.
Nope... I've tried it. That fix no longer works for current versions. I even opened a case for QNAP support and they won't open up to share any command for this
Mike61704
New here

Post by Mike61704 »

Well I guess we can at least keep this thread alive, someone is bound to notice. I mean what is the point of automation with rss if I have to manually go in there and refresh my filters every hour? Might as well not even use it.
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

Mike61704 wrote:Might as well not even use it.
Sickrage installing..
ArturPhk

Post by ArturPhk »

https://www.qnap.com/pt-pt/app_releasen ... oadStation

Check it. No new features in a while..
Mike61704
New here

Post by Mike61704 »

ArturPhk wrote: