[QPKG] SortMyQPKGs

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [QPKG] SortMyQPKGs

Post by OneCD »

Looks good. ;)

Can you now restart the NAS, then run that same command string again after it has powered up? You should get an identical result.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TorbenB
Starting out

Post by TorbenB »

This is absolutely typical. I've been spending most of the evening, trying to figure out why the qpkg.conf resets after every restart, and now it seems to be fixed.

Code: Select all

[~] # grep '^\[' /etc/config/qpkg.conf; /etc/init.d/sort-my-qpkgs.sh fix; grep '^\[' /etc/config/qpkg.conf
[update_qpkg_conf]
[Python]
[git]
[PlexMediaServer]
[QcloudSSLCertificate]
[PlexPy]
[helpdesk]
[SABnzbdplus]
[SickBeard]
[CouchPotato2]
[SortMyQPKGs]

* Original QPKG order *
(01)#(A) update_qpkg_conf
(02)#(A) Python
(03) (Φ) git
(04) (Φ) PlexMediaServer
(05) (Φ) QcloudSSLCertificate
(06) (Φ) PlexPy
(07) (Φ) helpdesk
(08)#(Ω) SABnzbdplus
(09)#(Ω) SickBeard
(10)#(Ω) CouchPotato2
(11)#(Ω) SortMyQPKGs

* New QPKG order *
(01) (A) update_qpkg_conf
(02) (A) Python
(03) (Φ) git
(04) (Φ) PlexMediaServer
(05) (Φ) QcloudSSLCertificate
(06) (Φ) PlexPy
(07) (Φ) helpdesk
(08) (Ω) SABnzbdplus
(09) (Ω) SickBeard
(10) (Ω) CouchPotato2
(11) (Ω) SortMyQPKGs

! NOTE: you must restart your NAS to load the QPKGs in this order.

[update_qpkg_conf]
[Python]
[git]
[PlexMediaServer]
[QcloudSSLCertificate]
[PlexPy]
[helpdesk]
[SABnzbdplus]
[SickBeard]
[CouchPotato2]
[SortMyQPKGs]
I have seriously no idea why it suddenly isn't an issue anymore :oops:

Eh, well except for that "minor" issue that when I use the Qnapclub Store repository, and restart the server, the AppCenter tells me I have no apps installed anymore, even though they are still present in the .qpkg directory...
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

TorbenB wrote:I've been spending most of the evening, trying to figure out why the qpkg.conf resets after every restart, and now it seems to be fixed.
No worries. I'll keep this problem in mind, but am at a loss to explain why it happened. I'm not aware of any other software that rewrites qpkg.conf.

But we really don't know how QNAP manage things "behind-the-scenes". You might have found a bug in the OS. But I'm glad it's now working.

I'll upload a new package version to the Qnapclub later today which will have the fix for PlexMediaServer. Thanks for reporting it. :geek:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

TorbenB wrote:Eh, well except for that "minor" issue that when I use the Qnapclub Store repository, and restart the server, the AppCenter tells me I have no apps installed anymore, even though they are still present in the .qpkg directory...
I get the same thing here. It always takes a few minutes for the App Center to sort itself out. It tends to hang as the OS is still launching packages even after the QTS GUI becomes available.

TorbenB
Starting out

Post by TorbenB »

You might also want to add git, used in Clinton Hall's versions of SABnzbd+, Sickbeard and CouchPotato.
Not sure how many still use that setup except for me, though.
OneCD wrote:
TorbenB wrote:Eh, well except for that "minor" issue that when I use the Qnapclub Store repository, and restart the server, the AppCenter tells me I have no apps installed anymore, even though they are still present in the .qpkg directory...
I get the same thing here. It always takes a few minutes for the App Center to sort itself out. It tends to hang as the OS is still launching packages even after the QTS GUI becomes available.
Ah. It's the first time I've used an alternative store as an integrated repository, so I kinda panicked and reinstalled everything, as both stores said the apps weren't installed :)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

TorbenB wrote:You might also want to add git, used in Clinton Hall's versions of SABnzbd+, Sickbeard and CouchPotato.
Not sure how many still use that setup except for me, though.
Cool - although, that setup is quite old. I'll add git to the ALPHA list.

Maybe try sherpa? Uses the same self-updating idea (git pull from source on launch), but is not dependent on git or Python QPKGs.

git and Python are installed through the Entware package instead, which allows us to fix some other problems and keep SAB happy. ;)

Nexonic
Starting out

Post by Nexonic »

Thanks for this!

I moved QVPN to alpha and QTransmission to omega and all is good for me :D
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Good idea. I'll add these to the next release. Thanks! :geek:

threeonesix
Starting out

Post by threeonesix »

This package fixed all of my reboot issues. Thank you!!
Toxic17
Ask me anything

Post by Toxic17 »

Just for your information. The new QJDK9 has been released

viewtopic.php?f=320&t=138776

(07) (A) QJDK8
~~~~~
(26) (Φ) QJDK9
Regards Simon

Qnap Downloads
MyQNap.Org Repository
Submit a ticket • QNAP Helpdesk
QNAP Tutorials, User Manuals, FAQs, Downloads, Wiki
When you ask a question, please include the following

NAS: TS-673A QuTS hero h5.1.2.2534 • TS-121 4.3.3.2420 • APC Back-UPS ES 700G
Network: VM Hub3: 500/50 • UniFi UDM Pro: 3.2.9 • UniFi Network Controller: 8.0.28
USW-Aggregation: 6.6.61 • US-16-150W: 6.6.61 • 2x USW Mini Flex 2.0.0 • UniFi AC Pro 6.6.62 • UniFi U6-LR 6.6.62
UniFi Protect: 2.11.21/8TB Skyhawk AI • 3x G3 Instants: 4.69.55 • UniFi G3 Flex: 4.69.55 • UniFi G5 Flex: 4.69.55
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Thanks Simon. :geek:

I've now added QJDK9 to the ALPHA list. This will be available in the 180122 package - once it's been approved by the Qnapclub Store.

gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

Is is possible to downgrade DownloadStation's Alpha status?

Currently it always loads before QVPN using SortMyQPKGs addon, meaning that D/S can't make use of the VPN / Proxy if set up, without a restart of D/S.

I would only set 'services' to Alpha state, and not apps (of any description) IMHO.

TIA.
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red Plus), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

gibxxi wrote:Is is possible to downgrade DownloadStation's Alpha status?

Currently it always loads before QVPN using SortMyQPKGs addon, meaning that D/S can't make use of the VPN / Proxy if set up, without a restart of D/S.
Good point. :geek:

DownloadStation was only put there as it needs to load before Transmission (due to a change made some time ago). But because Transmission is now in the OMEGA list, DS does not need to be there.

Can you remove DownloadStation from your ALPHA list and advise if it works as required after a reboot?

gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

Tested and seems to work as suggested, Thanks OneCD.

I do however have an edge-case that invalidates my previous post. At the risk of sounding hypocritical, is it safe to assume if I place "QSubsonic" after "QJDK8" but before "QVPN" in the alpha list that it will load in exactly the order as placed in the file?

The reason being, if QSubsonic loads after QVPN, all it's traffic will be routed through the VPN, as set up, thus preventing it being able to assign / use the custom Subsonic dynamic DNS feature (It fails with a timeout message).
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red Plus), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Thank you, I’ll remove DS from the ALPHA list.

Regarding QSubsonic: you’ll need to test and let me know what works. I don’t use any of those packages. ;)

Package loading does seem to occur in the exact order each configuration block appears in qpkg.conf (with at least one exception as shown in my autorun.sh installer OP).

Return to “Community Apps”