Can't see my music Library

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
pdes
Know my way around

Can't see my music Library

Post by pdes »

Hi,

I am using Music Station 5, OS 4.3.4 on a TVS-473.

I have always held my music in Album folders in my main directory. I now want to use MS5 as this, with the Media Streaming add-on allows me to play audio directly to my NAS via USB. However, I have been unable to get MS5 to tap into my music.

I have gone through permissions and re-indexed the library. I have also created a new folder under Multimedia and as the data was transferring, it showed that files were being transferred but when I looked, all I could see was the folders but with no songs. I have looked at the QNAP tutorials but these seem out of date.

I am sure this is a user error/naivety issue but I am stumped. Can anyone offer me a suggestion?

Thanks
IcI_TS451
New here

Re: Can't see my music Library

Post by IcI_TS451 »

Hopefully this will resolve my problem: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=144703

Not many threads out there discussing missing music.
IcI_TS451
New here

Post by IcI_TS451 »

IcI_TS451 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:28 am Hopefully this will resolve my problem: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=144703

Not many threads out there discussing missing music.
Changing the Multimedia management user account & rescanning / rebuilding the index did not work for me. :cry:
rcblackwell
Getting the hang of things

Post by rcblackwell »

pdes wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 pm Hi,

I am using Music Station 5, OS 4.3.4 on a TVS-473.

I have always held my music in Album folders in my main directory. I now want to use MS5 as this, with the Media Streaming add-on allows me to play audio directly to my NAS via USB. However, I have been unable to get MS5 to tap into my music.

I have gone through permissions and re-indexed the library. I have also created a new folder under Multimedia and as the data was transferring, it showed that files were being transferred but when I looked, all I could see was the folders but with no songs. I have looked at the QNAP tutorials but these seem out of date.

I am sure this is a user error/naivety issue but I am stumped. Can anyone offer me a suggestion?

Thanks
A different set-up but the same problem. Fixing it required activation of SMB 1.0 before SONOS could see the library( :roll: :!: ). Which version of SMB is running on the TVS-473?
Robert Blackwell
Stratford, Ontario Canada

Primary NAS
QNAP TS-251, Firmware QTS 4.3.6.0875
8 GB, 2 x 4TB WD WD40EFRX HD's in RAID 1 Configuration

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”