license store broken

Discussion on setting up QNAP NAS products.
samjam
Getting the hang of things

license store broken

Post by samjam »

I've just paid for the exFat license for my new 453A, and I can't activate it in any of the ways:

Trying to login to myQNAPcloud from the NAS gives the error: Unknown error (Error Code : undefined)

I can't activate it using the character license key, as that is only 24 characters but the ACTIVATE button won't activate unless I type 25 characters

If I try offline activation where I have to download a device identity file from the NAS, it takes me to a page: Error Page not found or the web server is currently unavailable. Please contact the website administrator for help
The first part of the URL is http://192.168.1.29:8080/cgi-bin/qid/ql ... equest.cgi?

If I try "Recover License" I get stuck on Preparing Automatic Recovery and have to reload the UI

If I try the License Store link from the UI: I get Unable to access the QNAP License Store, Please check your network connection and try again.
(From a shell on the NAS, ping by name works, so I have internet routing and dns resolution.)

So I then try to raise a ticket on the NAS helpdesk: https://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Base/User/Login but it rejects my username and password even though it works for myQNAPcloud

As the helpdesk doesn't work either, I'm posting here.

It's strange that the only thing that worked was taking my money.
samjam

Re: license store broken

Post by samjam »

I had to create yet another account to use the helpdesk. I'll post back their response here
samjam

Post by samjam »

and if I use a contact-us at https://license2.qnap.com/ProcessContactUs.html I get a tomcat stack trace

Message Request processing failed; nested exception is org.springframework.mail.MailSendException: Failed messages: com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 554 Message rejected: Email address is not verified. The following identities failed the check in region US-EAST-1 .....
y2kirk1028
First post

Post by y2kirk1028 »

same issue with me. I just purchased the McAfee 3 year license and recieved a PAK file. I was able to extract it and see that there's a 24 character code.
Tried using that to activate it in my license center but doesn't like it. It needs to be 25 characters.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

This is a user community and nobody here can fix anything in the license store. You should all open cases with Qnap support and yes, you need to create a helpdesk account if you don't have one already. The free support is open Monday-Friday and they probably have a backlog now after the chinese new year festivities so don't expect immediate response next week.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Ralphort wrote:Seriously pal, do you really think no one ever did?
I know one person did as he said so in this thread. My advice was directed at those that I don't know if they did report the issue, you included.

Qnap is launching a new licensing model right now, so things are changing. Maybe you run the wrong QTS version for what you're trying to do or maybe they have a startup bug, I don't know. But if you could stop your ranting for long enough to open a case with them, I'm sure Qnap will assist you as soon as they have a possibility to do so.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
samjam

Post by samjam »

But don't give QNAP so much slack/time that you can't get a refund from paypal / your card provider
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

Received this information from QNAP:

The licenses do remain workable. Please see a list of known license issues and solutions below, they may have encountered one of these. The license team are working to improve the user experience of new license store asap.

===
License Type Problem Solution
---
McAfee User buys McAfee license from New License Store, but it can not activate in License Center on QTS (Activation Failed - License Center cannot detect McAfee Antivirus on your NAS) Solve it with
chmod +x $(getcfg MCAFEE_QNAP CLI -f /etc/config/qlicense/qlicense.conf)
---
McAfee User buys McAfee license from New License Store, but it can not activate in License Center on QTS
(Activation Failed - You have already activated the maximum number of licenses for this product on the NAS) It is because the McAfee free trial license (1 month) is still active and McAfee only allow 1 concurrent license.
Ask the user wait for trial license to expire, then they can install the paid license
---
SS Pro Camera license from New License Store can not be activated Install SS Pro beta version [Request link from customer support]
---
All Customer bought the new license type but their NAS does not support QTS 4.3.4 Tech support will help provide refund or old format license code to customer
---
All Customer has old license type (PAK) and is unable to install in License Center on QTS 4.3.4 It will be possible after next Tuesday (Feb 27) at License Store website to convert PAK to new license code
---
SS Pro Built-in camera license are not displayed in License Center, customer misunderstood that their license are disappeared The built-in camera license are still there, only don't show up in License Center. User can see them in Surveillance Station
===
samjam

Post by samjam »

Many of the license store / myQNAPcloud problems are now fixed; but one error was mine: I mistook the license ID (24 characters) with the license key (25 characters).

My license is now active.
raym87
New here

Post by raym87 »

Still unable to convert PAK for Ex-Fat licence.
I login to Licence Store and enter PAK and get the message that this needs to be done on the NAS Licence Centre but I see nnowhere where I can enter the PAK to convert.
All help appreciated.
schumaku
Guru

Post by schumaku »

raym87 wrote:I login to Licence Store and enter PAK and get the message that this needs to be done on the NAS Licence Centre but I see nnowhere where I can enter the PAK to convert.
Use the [Add License] and you get the option for Transfer from Product Authorisation Key (PAK):
QNAP License - Ad License - Transfer from PAK.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
raym87
New here

Post by raym87 »

I login to Licence Store and enter PAK and get the message that this needs to be done on the NAS Licence Centre but I see nnowhere where I can enter the PAK to convert.
[/quote] Use the [Add License] and you get the option for Transfer from Product Authorisation Key (PAK):
QNAP License - Ad License - Transfer from PAK.PNG
[/quote]

Its at that point I get an error message....Your product activation key can only be transferred using your NAS. Please login and go to Control Panel - License Centre to transfer it manually.

I go to the NAS - Licence Centre and theres nowhere to enter the PAK code.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAPAlfredL
Starting out

Post by QNAPAlfredL »

Hi Raym87,

Sorry to cause any convenience.
Please contact our customer support via HelpDesk: https://helpdesk.qnap.com/

It seems like your license has been activated so that you cannot transfer via License Store. Our support engineer will help on your license issue.
raym87
New here

Post by raym87 »

Eventually .... after 2 weeks, fighting my way through Qnap's first line of defense, I managed to get through to the Licensing division. First communication from them = Fixed. Not sure what they did but I'm guessing they reset the PAK. Anyway, sorted now.
dgmckenzie
Starting out

Post by dgmckenzie »

Well my exfat & Mcafee are nolonger licenced and are not working, NAS was not reset.

I raised a helpdesk job last night when I logged in for the first time in a week.

What a pain. And I can't convert the PAK codes either.

Return to “Turbo Station Installation & Setup”