Container Station uninstall stuck

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
st167
New here

Container Station uninstall stuck

Post by st167 »

Hello,

I am trying to remove Container Station and Linux Station from my TS-251+ (firmware v 4.3.4.0537), both the applications are showing "removing" under their icon in Application Station. It is stuck there :' . I restarted NAS multiple times but status does not get changed.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: Container Station uninstall stuck

Post by Trexx »

I would open a helpdesk ticket with Qnap for this.

There are several changes that get made with Container Stations installation/deinstallation that make it more complicated than a "simple" QPKG to manually fix an install/uninstall issue.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
st167
New here

Post by st167 »

Thank you.
esbeeb
Starting out

Post by esbeeb »

I too am running into this problem, on a TS-251A. Any word on a fix? @st167, was a bug report filed with tech support?

I'm trying to trim back unneeded apps, as the QNAP is performing slowly.

QNAP, your App Center is an embarrasment, if you cannot remove apps as offered to the user! I'm an old-school linux user, and I'm used to software management being like 100x more reliable than this (with say, "sudo apt-get remove container-station") on the command line.

I can't remotely log into the Qnap now, and it will take a couple of days to get to it, to do a hard-reset... :(
esbeeb
Starting out

Post by esbeeb »

By the way, I updated the firmware earlier today, and rebooted, just before stepping on this landmine. So my firmware is up to date, right up to whatever firmware version is the current one (at the time of this post).
esbeeb
Starting out

Post by esbeeb »

Ok, I'm fairly certain what happened. I'll try to explain it as a warning to others. My TS-251A has 2 network interfaces. Both were in use, both connected to different internal LAN subnets. One interface was on the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet, one was on the 172.16.0.0/24 subnet. There was a "Virtual Switch" in the Qnap for each of these subnets (seen in "Network & Virtual Switch" app, then look at "Virtual Switch" tab). I also had Virtualization workstation set up, with a few VMs running. Each VM needed to be on Virtual Switch 2, and were set that way.

When I removed the "Container Station" app, Virtual Switch 2 got silently deleted! My VMs needed that! So their networking changed to use IPs from Virtual Switch 1. That wrecked all my port forwarding needed to access these VMs remotely (not to mention the port forwarding needed to access the Qnap Web management interface itself!!).
:-0

I had to recreate Virtual Switch 2, and set all the VMs to use it again. Then I had to change the port forwarding for the qnap web management interface to work again.
:S

Return to “NAS Management”