Hybrid backup sync one-way to Backblaze B2 also downloading files

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
niranjans
New here

Hybrid backup sync one-way to Backblaze B2 also downloading files

Post by niranjans » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:45 am

I have a sync operation running to backup about 1.5TB of my data to Backblaze B2. However, I just noticed a lot of data being downloaded back on the qnap (in the network stats) and also verified in my Backblaze account that just today about 170GB of data was downloaded. Is this a bug of the Hybrid Backup Sync tool? It makes no sense to download the entire data for it perform one-way sync to the cloud. Anyone else have the same experience?

Moogle Stiltzkin
Ask me anything

Re: Hybrid backup sync one-way to Backblaze B2 also downloading files

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:11 pm

niranjans wrote:I have a sync operation running to backup about 1.5TB of my data to Backblaze B2. However, I just noticed a lot of data being downloaded back on the qnap (in the network stats) and also verified in my Backblaze account that just today about 170GB of data was downloaded. Is this a bug of the Hybrid Backup Sync tool? It makes no sense to download the entire data for it perform one-way sync to the cloud. Anyone else have the same experience?

https://helpdesk.qnap.com

best to ask technical support. while waiting for their reply, you may or may not get input from other users from here as well. but best make more effective use of your time to get an answer to your question sooner this way :)

here is a free thread bump for you
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS (HDN724040ALE640) & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A w. 5x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) single disks.
[^] QNAP TS-659 Pro II
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-228
[^] QNAP TS-128
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Asus AC68U Router|100dl/50ul MBPS FTTH Internet | Win10, WC PC-Intel i7 920 Ivy bridge desktop (1x 512gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD + 1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Guides & articles
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

asteynberg
Starting out

Re: Hybrid backup sync one-way to Backblaze B2 also downloading files

Post by asteynberg » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 pm

I've also noticed a large amount of files downloading with my one way HBS to B2 backup, below is my query to and answer from Backblaze :

Me : I am noticing a large amount of b2_download_file_by_name transactions and would like to find out it it is possible to view the files being downloaded.
Our backup is a one-way setup via QNAP's Hybrid Backup Sync so theoretically no files should be downloaded?

Backblaze : This type is issue is typically the result of the refresh rate on the QNAP's sync process being set to occur very frequently. Reducing the rate at which the backups update should resolve the problem.

I've no idea what this means and haven't had the time to investigate further, hopefully it can shed some light on OP's problem
QNAP TS-459U+
Firmware Version 4.2.6 Build 20170905

Return to “Backup & Restore”