[myQNAPcloud] Not working with dual-stack lite <- How to fix it?

Post your questions about myQNAPcloud service here.
salexes
New here

[myQNAPcloud] Not working with dual-stack lite <- How to fix it?

Post by salexes »

Hello,

I changed my ISP from Telekom to Vodafone and now I only have an IPv6 and IPv4 is dual-stack lite.

I tried everything to get myQNAPcloud working again but without success. How to I need to configure it to make it work again ?

Furthermore I also want to use QVPN but it also seems not to work with dual-stack lite. What can I do to fix it ?

Regards,
Salexes
schumaku
Guru

Re: [myQNAPcloud] Not working with dual-stack lite <- How to fix it?

Post by schumaku »

salexes wrote:I changed my ISP from Telekom to Vodafone and now I only have an IPv6 and IPv4 is dual-stack lite.
Complain with your new ISP and ask for a public IPv4 address as this is not workable for "calling home" applications from the many IPv4-only sites.
salexes wrote:I tried everything to get myQNAPcloud working again but without success. How to I need to configure it to make it work again ?
That "myQNAPcloud" a little bit to generic - myQNAPcloud CloudLink is certainly workable. However other applications requiring IPv4 connections and port forwarding like [yournasname].myqnapcloud.com DDNS based connection, to the NAS, for QVPN, ... will never work without a public routable IPv4 on your Internet connection.

Regards,
-Kurt

Return to “myQNAPcloud service”