QVR Pro storage full when it's not.

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
wordisbond
Starting out

QVR Pro storage full when it's not.

Post by wordisbond »

My issue is my drive became full as QVR Pro didn't delete old recordings as expected. I manually deleted half of the recordings and it started to record again for about 24 hours. After about 24 hours it stopped recording telling me it has run out of space even though I have 50% space available.

I have opened a ticket with QNAP and given them access to my NAS. But since then 5 days have passed and the only response I got was to close the ticket. Has anyone had this issue with QVR Pro.

Also what settings should be made for auto delete. In recording settings I have each camera set to a max of 60 days saved and 30 days minimum. I also have overwrite set to enable. Yet no recordings were deleted and each camera went well past the 60 days max.
J2121
Know my way around

Re: QVR Pro storage full when it's not.

Post by J2121 »

I've just set up my NAS and will be installing cameras next week. That makes me very unqualified to offer an answer here. :) That stated...

Unless you purchased the license upgrade, QVR Pro should only save recordings for 14 days. Perhaps your 30/60 setting is causing a problem?
wordisbond
Starting out

Post by wordisbond »

No you can record for the length you have HDD space for. The 14 days is limited to viewing and downloading in QVR Pro Client. You can still access the recordings beyond 14 days in File Station so that has nothing to do with it.

As it sits now I'm still waiting for QNAP to fix the problem with now streaming freezing and pausing.

It seems that QNAP have rushed a unfinished product out and spruced features that aren't even available like IVA. I'm failing to see any major advantages over Surveillance Station than having 4 over 2 licenses and better export of recordings.
robdclay
Starting out

Post by robdclay »

How do you delete the recordings?
wordisbond
Starting out

Post by wordisbond »

robdclay wrote:How do you delete the recordings?
Used file station to delete files.

As for QNAP support I guess they found it to hard to fix. Couldn't even get a answer out of them on what the settings should be for auto delete. In the end I've had to reformat the drive to get it working again.
e2204588
Starting out

Post by e2204588 »

In my understanding, QVR Pro use pre-allocated files to store recording.
After reaching max recording space limitation, new recordings will overwrite oldest recordings.
So you shouldn't touch these files.
wordisbond
Starting out

Post by wordisbond »

e2204588 wrote:In my understanding, QVR Pro use pre-allocated files to store recording.
After reaching max recording space limitation, new recordings will overwrite oldest recordings.
The problem was that didn't happen. Instead it stopped recording and gave me the message that I've ran out of storage space. So I manually deleted files to get it recording again. But that only worked for 24 hours before it stopped recording giving me the same message. That was even though there was now plenty of space on the drive and was showing in QVR Pro as such.

I still couldn't get a answer from Qnap on why it was doing this and they have appeared to have just ignored me now.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

wordisbond wrote:
e2204588 wrote:In my understanding, QVR Pro use pre-allocated files to store recording.
The problem was that didn't happen. Instead it stopped recording and gave me the message that I've ran out of storage space. So I manually deleted files to get it recording again. But that only worked for 24 hours before it stopped recording giving me the same message. That was even though there was now plenty of space on the drive and was showing in QVR Pro as such.

I still couldn't get a answer from Qnap on why it was doing this and they have appeared to have just ignored me now.
What kind of volume was it, not thin by any chance? If so, reclaim needs to run to clear out deletes.
Go to Storage Manager, Overview, Storage, Piechart and refresh it on the down arrow and post pic.
wordisbond
Starting out

Post by wordisbond »

storageman wrote: What kind of volume was it, not thin by any chance? If so, reclaim needs to run to clear out deletes.
Go to Storage Manager, Overview, Storage, Piechart and refresh it on the down arrow and post pic.
It's a static volume.

From storage manager it shows the volume as used by how it was setup in QVR Pro. QVR Pro controls all the recording space.
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Are you absolutely sure you have space left in volume?
Sounds like a bug, but surprising if so, I'd check for QVR update.
Static is like thick, has no reclaim process.
poway_j
Starting out

Post by poway_j »

I had a similar problem when the raid scubs. My new issue is that it gets to 14 days and then drops to 5 for no reason.
vikino
Know my way around

Post by vikino »

Same problem here, on one QNAP it is running fine, on another Out of space...Both have same settings...
DickyDck
Getting the hang of things

Post by DickyDck »

any news on this?
QNAPAlanK
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPAlanK »

Hi DickyDck

We are resolving the issue, in case your situation is different.
Could you report to Helpdesk?
And write the ticket number at here.

Thank you.

Return to “Surveillance Solution”