To sort a lot of existing Photos

Please post your questions about using the web-based Photo, Music, Video Stations here.
bnwgraaf
First post

To sort a lot of existing Photos

Post by bnwgraaf »

I am planning to buy me a NAS, mostly for photos and music.
It will be a Synology or Qnap, but at the moment I prefer the Qnap.

To be sure, I am testing with the live Photo Station demo. Most things became clear now, but I am wondering one thing.

If I have bought a NAS, all my existing photos will be copied over to this NAS. After that I will have to do some work: editing some tags and metadata and create Albums to put the photos in.
If I put several photos over to some albums, is it than easy to show only the photos which are still in no album? In that way it will be easier to put all the left photos in an album.

Another question: Am I right that albums are virtual, so all the photos stay in the album where they are uploaded? Will they stay in one big album, or is it possible/better to create subfolders (automatically)?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: To sort a lot of existing Photos

Post by dolbyman »

why don't you just use the nas as storage space and continue to use whatever viewer/editor you have tight now?

that way the brand does not matter and you can keep the almost exact workflow

also don't forget to do regular backups of your nas
johnson407
Easy as a breeze

Re: To sort a lot of existing Photos

Post by johnson407 »

yes, the albums are virutal, all the photos will be in the folder where they are uploaded and one photo can show up in multiple albums without duplicating files.

Return to “Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station”