Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Questions about SNMP, Power, System, Logs, disk, & RAID.
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by 838Joel »

I received update notice on all my NAS:
TS-253A without the issue
TS-653A with the issue
TVS-EC880 without the issue

Will install it on all and see how it goes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Re: RE: Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by 838Joel »

838Joel wrote:I received update notice on all my NAS:
TS-253A without the issue
TS-653A with the issue
TVS-EC880 without the issue

Will install it on all and see how it goes

Also received an email from QNAP asking to install it. So I guess they are confident it will resolve the problem! Image

damenchoy
Getting the hang of things

Re: RE: Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by damenchoy »

838Joel wrote:
damenchoy wrote:Mine has been up for 14 days without any problems.

But I received an official update notification today for my NAS: "A newer firmware version (4.3.4.0644 Build 20180710) is now available for download"

Not sure if I should update to this version. I am now checking with the QNAP support team for the advice.
Let us know the response from QNAP support...I also receive the update notice on my other NAS, so this should be shortly for my ts-653A...

Yes, the QNAP official support team confirmed that the latest firmware should have resolved the random reboot issues

Though I have not tested it yet myself
phrunt
Starting out

Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by phrunt »

so far so good on the latest firmware.
damenchoy
Getting the hang of things

Post by damenchoy »

The latest official firmware has be installed and been running for 3 days without any issues.. Now my NAS has just started the first RAID Scrubbing since the latest firmware installed.
Let's see if the process can be completed without any problem.
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Post by 838Joel »

On my TS-653A it has been running for almost 4 days now and all good. In a week my scrubbing task will kick out and will see how it goes after 11 days uptime and doing scrubbing...
katbert
Starting out

Post by katbert »

From official release notes of 4.3.4.0644 firmware:
[Fixed Issues]
- The TS-x31 series would sometimes randomly restart after handling I/O intensive operations for a long time.
https://www.qnap.com/en/download?model= ... y=firmware
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Post by 838Joel »

katbert wrote:From official release notes of 4.3.4.0644 firmware:
[Fixed Issues]
- The TS-x31 series would sometimes randomly restart after handling I/O intensive operations for a long time.
It does apply to TS-653A also because they contacted me directly to install this firmware has it resolved the issue!

Mousetick
Experience counts

Post by Mousetick »

838Joel wrote:
[Fixed Issues]
It does apply to TS-653A also because they contacted me directly to install this firmware has it resolved the issue!
That makes sense, coming from QNAP. Their release notes are as haphazard as their firmware updates :twisted:
Last edited by Mousetick on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by 838Joel »

Mousetick wrote:
838Joel wrote:
[Fixed Issues]
That makes sense. The release notes are as haphazard as the firmware updates themselves :roll:
I think they fix the issue on all NAS. My TS-653A, TS-253A and TVS-EC880 all had the update.

Mousetick
Experience counts

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Sudden reboot during monthly scrub, unclean filesystem; any way to see the logs?

Post by Mousetick »

838Joel wrote:
Mousetick wrote:
838Joel wrote:
[Fixed Issues]
That makes sense. The release notes are as haphazard as the firmware updates themselves :roll:
I think they fix the issue on all NAS. My TS-653A, TS-253A and TVS-EC880 all had the update.
Sorry I didn't mean to doubt your comment, I believe you completely. My comment was supposed to be sarcastic towards QNAP and their inaccurate release notes. I'll edit it to avoid ambiguity.
838Joel
Easy as a breeze

Post by 838Joel »

Mousetick wrote:From official release notes of 4.3.4.0644 firmware:

Sorry I didn't mean to doubt your comment, I believe you completely. My comment was supposed to be sarcastic towards QNAP and their inaccurate release notes. I'll edit it to avoid ambiguity.
Don't worry Mousetick, I did not take it personal at all ;) Actually I agree with you about how they handle updates/release notes!
phrunt
Starting out

Post by phrunt »

I'm pretty certain the issue has been resolved.... thankfully, it only took about 5 months :)
hughjorgenn
New here

Post by hughjorgenn »

My TS-431 which has been randomnly rebooting and unable to complete a RAID scrub is now working fine since last firmware update 4.3.4.0644. It competed a scheduled scrub without issues yesterday despite it taking 45+ hours.
yao88
New here

Post by yao88 »

Hi, sorry to bring up this post again.
I have a TS-453 Pro running the firmware 4.3.4.0483.
During the monthly disks check, i discovered it with a "POOL ERROR" on the display. then i turned it off, unplugged drives and start again but now it's in a boot loop: when reach to "LOADING DRIVER" it reboots always by itself after displaying for 1 second hostname and firmware version. The QFInder discover it for just few seconds and it disappears.
I don't want to see what happen again with the drives plugged…
i've already opened a ticket with the support and they asked me to send for repairing but now i've found this post.

Do you think i can try with the firmware upgrade to 4.3.4.0644 (at least)? at the moment the nas is unusable, so i should proceed with booting from usb drive and perform the update from command line, right?

Return to “System & Disk Volume Management”