QMedia streams 1 video then fails on others

DLNA, AirPlay, Chromecast, PS3, XBOX, iTunes, & other media players
matth
New here

QMedia streams 1 video then fails on others

Post by matth »

I am using QMedia on my Roku, it sees my NAS and connects to it no problem. I can view all my photos with no problem but if i go to videos I can stream one video but if i try to stream anything after the first one it fails and gives an error saying "Empty list: no streams were selected". If i close the app then go back into it i can play a different video but then it fails to play another video unless I close and re-open the app. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks

Matth
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QMedia streams 1 video then fails on others

Post by dolbyman »

open a ticket with qnap and report it as a bug
albumman
Easy as a breeze

Post by albumman »

matth wrote:I am using QMedia on my Roku, it sees my NAS and connects to it no problem. I can view all my photos with no problem but if i go to videos I can stream one video but if i try to stream anything after the first one it fails and gives an error saying "Empty list: no streams were selected". If i close the app then go back into it i can play a different video but then it fails to play another video unless I close and re-open the app. Any help is appreciated!!
FWIW, try the Roku Media Player. Not sure how good it is on videos as I only use it for music.
TS-212P QTS: 4.3.3.1864 build 20211212
2 x Seagate ST3000VN000 (RAID 1)
gggplaya
Been there, done that

Post by gggplaya »

albumman wrote:
matth wrote:I am using QMedia on my Roku, it sees my NAS and connects to it no problem. I can view all my photos with no problem but if i go to videos I can stream one video but if i try to stream anything after the first one it fails and gives an error saying "Empty list: no streams were selected". If i close the app then go back into it i can play a different video but then it fails to play another video unless I close and re-open the app. Any help is appreciated!!
FWIW, try the Roku Media Player. Not sure how good it is on videos as I only use it for music.
I have a tv with Roku build into it, roku media it's awful! It won't play movies with DTS or AC3 sound. That's why the Qmedia app fails, you don't have the proper audio licenses on Roku to play those movies.

My recommendation for the OP is if you have an intel x86 NAS, then get plex pass and install plex onto your NAS. Then install the plex app on your ROKU. It should play any movie you throw at it, and simply transcode them to make it work on the Roku. If you don't have an intel NAS, then you can buy an Intel NUC or use an old laptop or desktop to be your plex server.

I've explored all the options with Roku, and I really do think a plex server is your only option that plays everything.

Also, Emby is an alternative to plex, though I haven't used it so I can't say if it's any good.

Return to “Media Streaming”