Container station don't start after upgrade to V1.8.3062

mazhead
First post

Re: Container station don't start after upgrade to V1.8.3062

Post by mazhead »

slally wrote:dockerd is started on my setup. The problem is that the new version of Container Station has it listening on unix:///var/run/system-docker.sock While docker and the Container Station gui are trying to connect via unix:///var/run/docker.sock Think I'm just going to do the downgrade as well. Thanks to those who submitted tickets.
That is not totally true, there are 2 docker daemons running on QNAP, one is the container station: unix:///var/run/docker.sock and the 2nd one is actually a system docker (for example notes station 3 is running under this daemon) and is located unix:///var/run/system-docker.sock.
Sarcasmo
New here

Post by Sarcasmo »

Guapo81 wrote:Got answer from QNAP support:
QNAP Support wrote: Dear customer,
Please download the container station and let me know the results.
Kind regards,
QNAP support
Downloaded latest version from QNAP site, essentially same as answers above, they rolled it back a version and put the app in Beta.
At least all is working fine again and other apps are not complaining about latest version of container station anymore.
Thanks for the update. Poor quality control from QNAP - doesn't fill me with confidence.
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

Same problem and CPU stucked at 50%
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
AVR: ONKYO TX-NR609 / TV: Hisense H65M7000
aryan
Know my way around

Post by aryan »

Any news?
QNAP TS-451+ / QTS 4.5 / 8GB (4+4) Kingston KVR16LS11 / WD RED 4TB(x4) RAID5 / Remote QNAP RM-IR002 / Logitech K400 White / APC Back-UPS ES 550G
AVR: ONKYO TX-NR609 / TV: Hisense H65M7000
neothematrix
Starting out

Post by neothematrix »

version 1.8.3062 has been marked as "Beta", if you manually downgrade to the previous version, as explained on one of the first posts, you won't be asked to upgrade to the new (bugged) version.
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

orogers wrote:I downloaded a slightly older version (1.8.3031) and it's working fine now. Will wait for the next release before upgrading.

https://download.qnap.com/QPKG/containe ... 31_x86.zip

*Edit: Eh, well, Browser Station won't start until you do the version string edit in /etc/config/qpkg.conf (make it 1.8.3062) else starting Browser Station will try to update Container Station at the same time.
Thanks for this, looks like things are still broke after updating my FW and apps after the latest security bulletin today. Although I had to edit the qpkg.conf file to now show as version number 1.8.3103 in order to get browser station to start.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A
andydoyle
New here

Post by andydoyle »

Sadly I'm in the same boat.

I upgraded Container Station today and it then failed to load with a bunch of HTTP 503 errors in the browser console saying Container Station was overloaded.
After numerous reboots, attempts to remove Container Station, reinstallations, I'm now stuck with the error about being unable to connect to the docker daemon.

I have raised a support ticket with QNAP to try and get things running again.
Houtje
First post

Post by Houtje »

I installed the previous version provided here. Also run qvr pro. This won’t start. It updates cs and than i am stucked again with the deamon problem. So no camer’s nothing. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Ed
andydoyle
New here

Post by andydoyle »

I had support look at my system and even after a couple of firmware updates and another update to Container Station things still weren't working.
In the end, level 2 support connected remotely and did something to fix it.

I beleive a fix for this is coming out in the next version (1.8.3145+), so keep an eye out for this.
ensignvorik
Easy as a breeze

Post by ensignvorik »

I noticed today randomly looking at my apps, that Browser Station is now out of date, although not showing as being out of date because those of us that had this problem manually edited the version string.

Does anyone know if its now OK to install the latest Browser Station (1.1.660) with the latest Container Station (1.9.3590)
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Unless I'm being blind, I can't find the setting to change what kind of QNAP I have on my profile. I now own a TS-253A

Return to “Container Station”