Please help me upgrade my camera models ??

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
lucky13
Getting the hang of things

Please help me upgrade my camera models ??

Post by lucky13 »

Hi Guys

I've been using the Foscam F19821P V2 with my Qnap which is great but not weather proof..love the quality but now I need to add some external cameras with equal quality, idealy it would rotate just like the one I have but I'd imagine there are issues with the infra red reflecting back off the glass, so maybe I will need to go for a static camera in some locations which don't desperately need the rotate function at night and then some swivel camera's in other locations where night vision isn't essential.

I'm idealy looking for the cheaper end of the range but the best bang for buck as this is for home use and not essential that I have an enterprise solution :) hopefully £150 or around that price for each camera but please let me know if that's a bit cheap

I like the Foscams but their slightly dodgy web interface which needs the addon and specific versions of internet explorer can be a little bit of a pain but it would be nice to stay loyal ..as they say "better the devil you know" :)

I've heard Dahua now works with Qnap, so maybe this opens up some nice new camera options ?
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Re: Please help me upgrade my camera models ??

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Check out the many threads on performance and user experiences for Dahua and Hikvision on here : https://ipcamtalk.com/forums/ip-cameras.4/
They are a few levels above Foscam in terms of capabilities and quality.
Try not to get overwhelmed.
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Thanks but wow your not kidding that's alot of cameras and functions, where do I even start :o

Any idea if there is a guide somewhere that talks about the certain camera options and what the advantages are ?

Why do Dahue have so many cameras, they all look and sound pretty much the same...how can anyone decide between them ???

I just need an averagely good POE pan/tilt night vision camera with human being detection, alerts, works with my Qnap and as a bonus it would have a good IOS app

What other options do people need ? Am I missing out on something that i'm not even aware exists ?

Thanks and sorry about all the questions
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

Currently testing one POE DAHUA IPC-HDW1420S on my TS-251A. It`s weather resistant up to -30°C, all the other specs are under the link. I`ve got it for around 70€ and it works smoothly

It has motion detection, for external view i use Vmobile app which is also working perfectly. In future i will purchase another one (TS-251A has just two cam licences included)
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
1xDAHUA IPC-HDW1420S POE IP Security cam
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

great thanks for the recommendation that camera looks perfect apart from it isn't motorized...why does Dahua have some many versions it's just so confusing I don't know where to start :o

What special things can some cameras do now ?
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
Broken Lizard
Starting out

Post by Broken Lizard »

Well when i was looking for cameras first i was also with Foscam becouse before that i had FI9803P model but i sold it and after that i was looking from Dahua company and couln`t chose which one to buy. At the end i took DAHUA IPC-HDW1420S, and now i see there are also models IPC-HDW1431S and IPC-HDBW1431E which are very similar but 30€ more then mine now. I think that most of it is just outside case, how camera looks (talking for cameras in the same cost class).
TS-251A (Raid1 Seagate IronWolf 2TB – Surveillance Station, Web server, QmailAgent, …)
1xDAHUA IPC-HDW1420S POE IP Security cam
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Ahhh thanks I'm starting to understand a little bit more now, so you get lots of models with slight amendments to the design...no wonder you get so many models and I guess we are lucky Dahua tweek each model so it can suit each situation exactly :)
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I'm finding it really hard to work out which Dahua cameras have motorized pan/tilt...what terminology am I looking for for as I'm getting confused with motorized lens ...I take it this just means the lens zoom function and not pan /tilt ...if it says pan/tilt does this mean it's motorized or just that you can manualy move it to the position..Do Dahua sell a camera that is motorized pan/tilt that doesn't have a plastic dome ...as I find that can add wierd reflections at night

For instance this one just tells you the angle it pan/tilts but doesn't say motorized pan/tllt

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Stock-Dah ... SwjOxau18l

I really don't want to spent £200 on a camera if I can get something external and motorized at a lower price around £100..ideally :)

For instance this camera looks like it could be motorised but is it ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Stock-Dah ... SwstNau1jM
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Ok so I think I've figured it out I need a PTZ camera, I've come up with two..any chance people can have a look and let me know of any alternatives that might be as good but cheaper

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dahua-SD29204T ... s=SD29204T

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dahua-SD22204T ... D22204T-GN

I'd like to have motorized PTZ, night vision with IR, ONVIF, POE and is compatible with QNAP SS

Any advise or other models would be really helpful :)
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

Quite a lot of reading, but other user experiences may be useful : https://ipcamtalk.com/search/8836626/?q ... %22&o=date
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

thanks and yes that's info overload :D

Should I start looking at Hikvision as all I want is motorized PTZ, night vision with IR, ONVIF, POE and is compatible with QNAP SS it doesn't seem like that big a list but I'm unable to find anything really suitable in the Dahau range that isn't £200 + :o
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB
mdhwoods
Know my way around

Post by mdhwoods »

lol this thread is why i still do not have cameras. Every time i look, i become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of cameras/options and close my laptop. One of these days ill figure it out. Good luck and maybe you will find something that works for me. :)
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

mdhwoods wrote:lol this thread is why i still do not have cameras. Every time i look, i become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of cameras/options and close my laptop. One of these days ill figure it out. Good luck and maybe you will find something that works for me. :)

Ok well for me I think I have found one..thanks to some advise on a few forums including this one

DH-SD1A203T-GNW ( price comes in around £120-130) which is pretty much exactly what I wanted to pay

Looks like it does the lot ( for me anyway ) ..I just need to sort a good mount as it going on an external wall, so needs to be mounted sideways rather then on a ceiling

Doesn't look like there is much that can compare to this price wise to quality and functionality :)
TS-228A
Mirrored Pair 5TB

Return to “Surveillance Solution”