[ADVICE NEEDED] NoteStation 3

Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

[ADVICE NEEDED] NoteStation 3

Post by Skeptical.me »

On the TS-251 Note Station 3 didn't work, no matter what I tried.

So, I upgraded from a TS-251 to a TS-253Be and assumed Note Station 3 would definitely work. But all I get is a blank screen. I've clear all browser data, used different browsers. stop and started the app, uninstalled and re-installed. Nothing works.

Does anyone else have this issue? And has anyone solved the issue?

Thank you.
QNAP TS-253Be 2 x WD Red 6TB RAID1, & 1 x WD Ext. 6TB, QTS: 4.5.3.1670

Plex, Radar, Sonarr, Lidarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra 2, Container Station
JCCorp
Starting out

Re: [ADVICE NEEDED] NoteStation 3

Post by JCCorp »

I'm also having issues trying to get Notes Station 3 working on my TVS-863+, Notes Station 2 works fine.

When I load it with Firefox or IE/Edge, it has a Notes Station splash screen with an install meter (%), and it gets stuck every time at 99% and the error i get back is "[Notes Station 3] Failed to start Notes Station 3. Contact the QNAP helpdesk", this normally stops the app in app centre, and to try again, you have to start the app. I looked in the Containers, and there doesn't seem to have been any container created in there, as I thought I read that Notes Station 3 was a container ?
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

JCCorp wrote:I'm also having issues trying to get Notes Station 3 working on my TVS-863+, Notes Station 2 works fine.

When I load it with Firefox or IE/Edge, it has a Notes Station splash screen with an install meter (%), and it gets stuck every time at 99% and the error i get back is "[Notes Station 3] Failed to start Notes Station 3. Contact the QNAP helpdesk", this normally stops the app in app centre, and to try again, you have to start the app. I looked in the Containers, and there doesn't seem to have been any container created in there, as I thought I read that Notes Station 3 was a container ?
I contacted HelpDesk and they fixed the issue for me. Notes Station 3 finally worked. But I now have a major issue with my NAS. But that's not relevant here.

Strangely enough today I received this from QNAP helpdesk (even though the issue had been fixed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

JCCorp wrote:I'm also having issues trying to get Notes Station 3 working on my TVS-863+, Notes Station 2 works fine.

"Thank you for your patience.
The verification engineers suggest you could follow the porcedure as below:
Setup the security setting by following flow or let you decide the security policy yourself.

1. check docker network (docker0, lxcbr0) IP and net mask.

2. go to Control Panel -> Security -> Security Level, and add the docker network into white list (Allow connections from the list only). Take default docker network setting as example:
add IP: 10.0.3.0, Netmask: 255.255.255.0
add IP: 10.0.5.0, Netmask: 255.255.255.0

3. restart Container Station and Notes Station 3

Check if you could start theNote Station 3 in your TS-253Pro again or not

JCCorp
Starting out

Post by JCCorp »

Hi MooChoo2,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have checked the docker network settings, and all looks good. My security settings where already set to allow all connections, so everything should be unrestricted?.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling notes 3 and restarting container station then notes 3, still get's stuck at 99%, then gives the error.

Only thing I haven't done is uninstall container station, as I have notes 2, that I use, and although I don't see any containers related to notes 2, i'd prefer not to have to potentially have to reinstall notes 2 and import a backup because of reinstalling the container station.
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

JCCorp wrote:Hi MooChoo2,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have checked the docker network settings, and all looks good. My security settings where already set to allow all connections, so everything should be unrestricted?.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling notes 3 and restarting container station then notes 3, still get's stuck at 99%, then gives the error.

Only thing I haven't done is uninstall container station, as I have notes 2, that I use, and although I don't see any containers related to notes 2, i'd prefer not to have to potentially have to reinstall notes 2 and import a backup because of reinstalling the container station.
I would seek help from HelpDesk, but you have to allow them to remote connect. I'm not sure if that's outside of your comfort zone. But they solved the issue for me thankfully. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what they did to fix it, otherwise I'd share that info with you.

JCCorp
Starting out

Post by JCCorp »

Hi MooChoo2,

Thanks. I might end up doing so, just thought someone in the community might have a quick answer, so people with real issues can get the support from the helpdesk that they need.
cserl
Starting out

Post by cserl »

I have the same issue: NoteStation 3 not starting.
Config: TS-1277 with latest firmware and OS.
Error message in the browser: "Notes Station 3 is currently unavailable.
To use Notes Station 3, please start the application from the App Center."
Of course I tried to start the application from the App Center. No success, same error message as above, with an additional log entry:
"[Notes Station] Failed to open Notes Station 3. Container Station is not enabled. Verify that Container Station and Notes Station are enabled and try again."
Fact is contradictory to the message, since both Container Station and Notes Station were enabled. Container station was running.

Adding the docker network to the whitelist did not help either.

Switching off and back on the web server in Control Pane > Applications > Web server solved the issue.
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

cserl wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 pm I have the same issue: NoteStation 3 not starting.
Config: TS-1277 with latest firmware and OS.
Error message in the browser: "Notes Station 3 is currently unavailable.
To use Notes Station 3, please start the application from the App Center."
Of course I tried to start the application from the App Center. No success, same error message as above, with an additional log entry:
"[Notes Station] Failed to open Notes Station 3. Container Station is not enabled. Verify that Container Station and Notes Station are enabled and try again."
Fact is contradictory to the message, since both Container Station and Notes Station were enabled. Container station was running.

Adding the docker network to the whitelist did not help either.

Switching off and back on the web server in Control Pane > Applications > Web server solved the issue.

Thanks for leaving that comment, I hope others needing advice find it. :-)

Return to “Notes Station”