Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
roscosmos
New here

Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post by roscosmos »

Hi all,

I recently updated my QNAP TS-453A with firmware version 4.3.5.0728 and my Download Station 5 v5.2.0 is no longer working and I am no longer able to download anything.

Does anyone have the same issue?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post by dolbyman »

how does the problem manifest ? .. station website not working .. error message ?
roscosmos
New here

Post by roscosmos »

I am not getting any errors or issues getting into the station website. I am simply not getting any connections to download or seed files at all. I have checked my network and internet connectivity to my NAS and all seems to be working properly.
MICOLAI
New here

Re: Download Station not worki. con firmware 4.3.5.0728

Post by MICOLAI »

Buonasera, ho stesso problema da quando ho installato questo maledetto firmware 4.3.5.0728 sul mio TS 251+.Credo che contatterò QNAP. Ci sentiremo.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

english only forum ..sorry
stanzani
Know my way around

Post by stanzani »

I have the same problem: before updating I was able to see 100+ active task, now they all disappear for me list. I annot also add new further task ...

Model: QNAP TS251+
FW 4.3.5.0728

Please fix

Thanks much
TS-531P Annapurna
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

we cant fix anything..you need to contact qnap
crypticc
Starting out

Post by crypticc »

Hi

Same here. The services itself start, but won't accept any username/password, whether my own user or admin - reporting "invalid username/password".
Using the URL direct from the NAS, i.e. the one that is http://IPaddress/hg2 brings up the HG page, but again no logon accepted.

Looking in logs there's no security failures so I can only presume that something is wrong with the integration of HG with downloadstation or the NAS itself.
Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

Anyone know the port that Happyget uses?

Thanks
Chris

update:

Uninstalled Happyget, Downloadstation, Python3.5 - an then reinstalled in the reverse order. I also cleared all cookies on the browser.
I think it's this last step to clear the cookies that finally helped the Happyget login page working.

The chrome add-in still doesn't work except on local network but I suspect that's something going wrong with port forwarding as I also cannot access NAS via the IP address of direct from <NAS>.myqnapcloud.com since the FW update. Interestingly port pingtest and using the qnapcloudlink all work. Anyhow - not HG at fault now for this last bit.

Ta
marosek2014
Starting out

Post by marosek2014 »

Hello,
I can confirm that after firmware update the Download Station application is no more working.
No errors but torrent is not starting download at all.
Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you

Qnap TS-470 Pro, Firmware 4.3.5. Build 20181123, Download Station 5.2.0.109 (20180917)
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

Hello,

same here. I tried all possible ways, which were found by Google, but none helps.
Any suggestions?
Thank you
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

So I tried to downgrade firmware, tried to unistall DS etc.. Also tried to set up different port forwarding, even those not help.
So i install qBittorrent at it's working without any issue...
Therefore I will use this as a main P2P download SW, until I will find out where the problem is...
viper1976
First post

Post by viper1976 »

I'm not sure but this message found on torrent:
From 30.11.2018 we upgraded security standards for encrypted connection to trackers and announces. Due to this change you will need torrent client, browser and OS with support of EC 256 bits (SHA256withECDSA) and virtual SSL hosting (SNI).
Can anybody confirm that this is not reason why Download station is not downloading?
Thank you.
Model: TS-269L firmware: 4.3.4.0752
marosek2014
Starting out

Post by marosek2014 »

Hello ornitus,
could you tell me which version of qBittorent you have installed on your qnap (do you have a link for donwload)?
Thank you
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

marosek2014 - I am not sure if i rememebr well, but I think this is the correct link for qbittorrent to dwnload: https://qnapclub.eu/fr/qpkg/507 . You need to install it manually, default login: admin, password: adminadmin...
Hope it helps... This still works for me. DS unfortunately not :-( - so QGet even not working :-(...
marosek2014
Starting out

Post by marosek2014 »

ornitus - thank you very much for your help. Anyway I would prefere to use DS especially because of using QGet etc. on my mobile phone. Hope that they will repair and update this good application.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”