Lastest Firmwares break AD

Questions about using Windows AD service.
fabybaruz
New here

Re: Lastest Firmwares break AD

Post by fabybaruz »

When I saw the new firmware i send update to helpdesk but for all the day no reply.
I don't think this resolve the problem because nothing in mentioned to AD.
Bu the Qnap want that the customer change brand ?
the helpdesk say that is a developer problem non a support problem; incredible
fabybaruz
New here

Post by fabybaruz »

ITguy154 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:32 am I am having the same issue. I plan on upgrading to firmware 4.3.6.0776 tonight. I will post results tomorrow morning.
we await your response with interest
MMnasbase
Starting out

Post by MMnasbase »

Update to my FileSTATION problem:
the problem occures with the Filestation APP within the QNAP interface. Do not think this has anything to do with the Browser I use. It seeems more like a problem mentioned a few times in the formum after firmware update, that Filestation crahes and does not even open or that it opens but shows nothing under the NAS Name on the left tree even after some time waiting.

The new firmware: i am quite sure that wont help. No comment regarding DNS or AD in the readme....

Besides that: we also elimineted all DNS from Providers and Google and even set the DNS resolving to one extra Network card: dit not help. If it is the trick you mentioned it would be funny. But maybe it works. Giving up at DNS resolution using DNS server1 it takes DNS server2 and since this is the same it tries longer with the one and only. Maybe this makes it work in most cases. But this would be THE hint for the developers (timeout problems?, Trigger Problems?).
Last edited by MMnasbase on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITguy154
New here

Post by ITguy154 »

Hi guys - so I updated my firmware last night and it did NOT fix my File Station issue with it not loading.
MMnasbase
Starting out

Post by MMnasbase »

As is thougt. I hope update to a new Firmware as soon as AD function break is really solved will bring also my Firestation back.
But my hopes are getting smaller and smaller. It is not really trustfull that something like this happens. Especially for Power users with expensive NAS units.
For me: i moved from DELL servers to NAS and now i think to not follow this path in the future. Because having problems with clients ike this with the AD broken ruins my own business.
d1alup
First post

Post by d1alup »

so I've been struggling with Active Directory problems like the rest of you. Finally had time today to sit down and troubleshoot and fix my environment so thought it might help someone else if I shared. All my trouble seemed to come from the fact that the default gateway didnt think it was working as it couldn't detect an internet connection. My NAS is on a secure network and doesnt have internet so this is by design but it seemed to make my NAS very upset. I also have my DNS servers on a different subnet so the NAS was unable to resolve the name of the domain controller when it tried to join my domain.

Going into Network & Virtual Switch, changing the view to advanced, and then adding a static route to the subnet my DC is on fixed my problem. The DNS server could respond to the DNS request to get AD information and then QNAP could join the domain. Now I can go and fix all the permissions on my shared folders :/
csoft
New here

Post by csoft »

Had the same problem with Domain Groups disappearing twice or more a day with a new TS-877XU-RP on this firmware.

The fix provided by support (that has been working for a few days) was Control Panel > Privilege > Domain Security > Edit Redundant Domain Controller. DNS A was set to the correct IP for the domain controller but DNS B was pointing to 8.8.8.8. Changing DNS B to the same as DNS A was the fix.

I certainly never went into the Redundant Domain Controller settings or to my knowledge configured 8.8.8.8 whilst joining the domain so I assume this is copied from the normal DNS settings.
fabybaruz
New here

Post by fabybaruz »

New firmware is available (4.3.6.0805 build 20181228); No comment regarding DNS or AD in the readme....
Why only a few users have these problems? For some time, the system works properly, and some users no longer access the shares despite having the rights

someone have idea ?
yessir
First post

Post by yessir »

Hey I have the same problems with different Qnap models (e.g. TS-453A, TVS-673, TS-453 Pro). I've rolled back the firmware versions of each model past 4.3.4.0675 and it works ok. No lost AD connections everything is fine.
Now I've recently got a new TVS-673 and wanted to test if the problems, given the time are solved. But I updated the new machine of 4.3.6.0805 and now I lost constantly the AD connection.
Now there is almost half a year pasted after the first reports of these errors and Qnap cant solve this?
Our business rely heavily on Qnap NAS but these errors are unacceptable for us and maybe its time to look for alternatives when there is no solution for these problems.
fatlan
First post

Post by fatlan »

Hello I'm new on this forum.
Thank you to accommodate me on your forum.
We use a QNAP TS-463U-RP.

Since the last firmware "Version du micrologiciel 4.3.6.0883 Build 20190316"
Domain Groups and domain users disappearing and conexion link seems failled.

I confirm that this work aroud solved our issue.

The fix was Control Panel > Privilege > Domain Security > Edit Redundant Domain Controller.
DNS A was set to the correct IP for the domain controller but DNS A and B were pointing to 0.0.0.0 Changing DNS A and B to the same IP of my DNS server.

I hope that this could help user with QNAP TS-463U-RP.

Return to “Windows Domain & Active Directory”