cannot access TS-659 Pro II

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
pattom12
Starting out

cannot access TS-659 Pro II

Post by pattom12 »

I can not access my TS-659 from my laptop. I have the latest firmware install and am using the latest version of Firefox along with File Manager. My operating system is Window 10. I can access the Qnap from my desktop with no problem using identical software. I can find the service on the network and when I click on it I get the login screen. When I type in my user name and password it does not let me connect. I have security set on the Qnap to "allow all connections". I have tried it with Firefox and Edge and I get the same result. Help?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: cannot access TS-659 Pro II

Post by dolbyman »

check if you have bitdefender as antivirus
pattom12
Starting out

Post by pattom12 »

Now I can access from my PC. The problem is identical. The only way is for me to log in is to restart the Qnap then I first time I can log in but not after that.
pattom12
Starting out

Post by pattom12 »

I use AVG but I will shut it down and try again.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

what firmware is installed ? .. latest is not really a meaningful info

Also when did that start happening ?
pattom12
Starting out

Post by pattom12 »

I can access the drive via file manager but I can not access it by logging in. I updated the firmware today but I cannot tell you the firmware version since I cannot log into the server. The only way is to do a complete reboot and then the first time I try I can login. It does this with both Firefox and Edge. Same problem. I am about to junk this Qnap. It is just too troublesome to run when all I want to do is file storage and access and have it available for backups. I can get a big terabyte drive and if I need more space just add more external drives. I will not have to deal with the operating system of the Qnap this way-it just does not work well for the normal user. I am a very experienced Windows PC person and am very technically competent (a mechanical engineeer) but I have struggled with Qnap for a number of years. I have spent 3 hours trying to access my music from my laptop but cannot login.
Last edited by pattom12 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

try reapplying the current software via the manual method

https://wiki.qnap.com/wiki/Manually_Updating_Firmware

Return to “NAS Management”