Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post your questions about BT download, FTP download, HTTP download, or QGet download software here.
Ron1963
Been there, done that

Re: Download Station not working after firmware updates

Post by Ron1963 »

lukaspre wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:12 pm
Ron1963 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:04 pm
lukaspre wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:55 pm Hello,
what should i use the torrent download application on my TS-231P? Can you please send a link? Thanks
If Download Station has not been installed during installation already it can be installed out of the AppCenter in the Download section of it.
Capture.JPG
Sorry. Download Station knows how to download. I was thinking of an alternative to downloading a torrent. Can QBittorrent be installed on TS-231? Or another client?
I am not aware about torrent apps for the x31 hardware platform. I use my TS-431 only for backup purposes.
1x TS251, 1x TS251D, 1x TS253
lukaspre
New here

Post by lukaspre »

Probably how the torrents in DS work.
Is there any other torrent download client than DS for TS-231P?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Quick reminder to all: please DO NOT post or link-to torrents where copyright may be an issue. Doing so is a breach of the forum rules and any such posts will be removed.

Try to be sensible when discussing where these can be obtained and what they might be used for. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Anro2019
New here

Post by Anro2019 »

I do have a similar issue with firmware 4.3.3.0789. Since the update I can't reach download station on my Qnap, "it says NOT Found. The requested URL /download station was not found on this server. Before it worked in a proper way.

All other App's work as usual.
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Anro2019 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:58 pm I do have a similar issue with firmware 4.3.3.0789. Since the update I can't reach download station on my Qnap, "it says NOT Found. The requested URL /download station was not found on this server. Before it worked in a proper way.

All other App's work as usual.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Anro2019
New here

Post by Anro2019 »

Nope I was thinking of it. However if I do so will the download station content not be deleted?
Anro2019
New here

Post by Anro2019 »

After another issue it finally works. Thanks Don Guru
Rrion
New here

Post by Rrion »

Have get the same issue with download station.
It's just said "download metadata", never start with downloading. Transmission is working fine.
Anyone can give me some advise for "not LEGAL Torrents"? Thanks a lot!
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

DLS has no idea if a torrent is legal or illegal.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
ornitus
Starting out

Post by ornitus »

Rrion wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm Have get the same issue with download station.
It's just said "download metadata", never start with downloading. Transmission is working fine.
Just try to download the torrent from other source. I just tested that torrents from some trackers just don work. Don't know why, and qnap support dont know either...
babuja
Know my way around

Post by babuja »

ornitus wrote:
Rrion wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:52 pm Have get the same issue with download station.
Just try to download the torrent from other source. I just tested that torrents from some trackers just don work. Don't know why, and qnap support dont know either...
Already tried from several sources and still no download and error message "incorrect magnetic...", and I'm not even using a magnetic link. Image

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by babuja on Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
qas1981
New here

Post by qas1981 »

I had this same issue. I ended up changing the settings, in download station 5, from 10 connections to 30. I think this doesnt solve the issue it just resets the connection settings. I've found when I modify settings its magically starts downloading.
Rrion
New here

Post by Rrion »

ornitus wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:17 pm
This is the point. I have torrents from a prívate tracker, and it's imposible todo download. From anothers trakers works well.
babuja
Know my way around

Post by babuja »

babuja wrote:
ornitus wrote:
Already tried from several sources and still no download and error message "incorrect magnetic...", and I'm not even using a magnetic link. Image

Rebooted and problem solved...not sure what the issue was.

Return to “Download Station and QGet”