Help getting Foscam R2C working in SS

QVR Pro, QVR Pro Client, QVR Center and Surveillance Station
nezimar
New here

Help getting Foscam R2C working in SS

Post by nezimar »

Camera Config in Surveillance Station:

Camera add is successful using port 88, but throws 'Failed to create the RTSP connection to the network camera.' when I test the connection. I do not need RSTP, and there are no RSTP settings on the camera's config page, so I just leave default port 554, and move forward and finish adding the camera. In camera overview, preview image shows, but the status is always idle or connecting, not connected. Image is black, no video in monitor/qvr app.

I originally tried surveillance station v5.1.3.3.3. I installed beta 5.1.3.3.4 , but no change.
I updated the r2c system fw to 1.13.1.6, which is newest per foscam and qnap support pages. no change.

I should note I also have an R2 (non-C) configured the same way, and it works perfectly.
Both are connected on the same LAN.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
ronaldm
Starting out

Re: Help getting Foscam R2C working in SS

Post by ronaldm »

+1 Anyone else get rtsp to work reliably? I'm not having luck with onvif either

I just got a Foscam R2C with latest firmware and can't get it to work. I can add it to both QVR Pro and Surveillance Station (port 88 rtsp 88), however, it is stuck at "1 frame a second)".

System Firmware: 1.13.1.6
App Firmware: 2.91.2.15
Plug-In: 5.1.0.7

It seems QVR Pro & Surveillance Station does NOT like the h.264 streaming compression for the Main stream.

From VLCPlayer I can open rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<foscam_ip>:88/videoMain and I can stream from my R2C
From VLCPlayer I can open rtsp://<user>:<pass>@<foscam_ip>:88/videoSub and I can stream from my R2C

Not sure if I blame QNap or Foscam at this point
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

actually, doing a little bit more testing
1) vlcplayer is not able to consistently stream the rtsp stream, it especially has a hard time when I switch resolutions on the R2C. My foscam C1 works just fine.
2) R2C works just fine with the foscam app.

Meaning, foscam has a funky implementation with the R2C.. and qnap can't handle it well
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

Contact qnap technical support and walked through repro steps. They were super helpful, however, it seems we still couldn't get R2C working and the issue has been escalated. Will keep thread posted.
nezimar
New here

Post by nezimar »

ronaldm wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:02 am Contact qnap technical support and walked through repro steps. They were super helpful, however, it seems we still couldn't get R2C working and the issue has been escalated. Will keep thread posted.
Thank you for doing this!
kdrummer
First post

Post by kdrummer »

I'm not sure what this means, but I've been able to get 2-3 fps by varying the key frame to be less than the frame rate. The main stream video settings are indeed affecting the QNAP settings because when I change the bit rate in the Foscam settings, I see that change in QVR Pro.

My guess is that SS/QVR Pro is only streaming the key frames, but that's as far as I get.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

I had to submit logs from my QNAP to Tech Support. Still haven't heard back.
rjhelton
New here

Post by rjhelton »

I just got a notification that it will be fixed in the release of SS. Not sure when that will be released. I am expecting a BETA version for testing soon and I will update how it works.
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

I just got a beta today to assist with their validation. I confirmed that my R2C works (incl PTZ) with QVRPro (just like my other cameras). Hopefully it gets released to the public soon.

-Ron
rjhelton
New here

Post by rjhelton »

The Beta does work, I installed it today and can confirm Frame Rate at 25 now on my R2C
nezimar
New here

Post by nezimar »

ronaldm wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:20 am I just got a beta today to assist with their validation. I confirmed that my R2C works (incl PTZ) with QVRPro (just like my other cameras). Hopefully it gets released to the public soon.

-Ron
Any chance you can share a link to that beta somewhere? To my knowledge they're not readily available except directly from support.
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

Seems like I'm hitting a regression with QVR Pro 1.2.1.4 (and maybe version prior?) with my Foscam R2C.

I'm getting only 1 fps again. Seems whatever the code fix was has broke again. I'm going to open a ticket with QNAP support.

Surveillance Station and VMobile iOS app works just fine. This looks to be a bug with QVR Pro only.
ronaldm
Starting out

Post by ronaldm »

Got it working with help of QNap tech support, needed to install the latest campack. All is working fine

Return to “Surveillance Solution”