Qsync Client crashing on wake from sleep

Questions about using NAS on Mac OS.
jeadhob
Starting out

Qsync Client crashing on wake from sleep

Post by jeadhob »

Hello Mac OS forum.

I have the latest Qsync Client running on a 2017 MBPro running Mojave. The sync client works fine from a fresh reboot but after the computer goes to sleep, Qsync doesn't wake back up again. I have found I can go into the Activity monitor, force quit it and then relaunch (need to reenter password) and Qsync works again until the next time the computer goes to sleep. I tested this by not letting the computer sleep for 24 hours and it seemed to work just fine like that, but I don't normally leave my computer awake when I am not at it. I think it is a bug that needs to be squashed.

I am willing to share any config files, or crash logs you need if you need help troubleshooting the issues. Thank you,
jeadhob
Starting out

Re: Qsync Client crashing on wake from sleep

Post by jeadhob »

Still crashing. Willing to provide sys info or more details if you want.
-Running Mac OSMojave 10.14.2 on MacBook Pro 15inch 2017
Screen shot of the qsynclient not responding. Note the several Qsync finder integrations? no idea why so many
any work arounds on this? Willing to help troubleshoot it if needed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nasman99
New here

Post by nasman99 »

I don't think it's just you. I have the same problem (using an older MacBook Pro). I have not found any fixes other than killing the process and restarting it (or shutting down the computer, of course).
shuji
First post

Post by shuji »

I have the same problem...
AndyLuck
First post

Post by AndyLuck »

Mee, too! Always after coming back, my Mac restarted because of a few processes. One of them: Qnap Sync! Still no solution?
mco23
First post

Post by mco23 »

Having the same issue and even after the new update was released (Version 3.3.5.1209). I'm running Mojave 10.14.6 and having the Qsync Client freeze and needing to be forced quit is really impacting battery life and usability of the tool. Any fix is appreciated!
jeadhob
Starting out

Post by jeadhob »

I have sent in more than a few tickets on this one. They have issued patches but I honestly believe it has to do with the MBP's going to sleep. I have an iMac that we do not let sleep and rarely if ever does it get disconnected from the Qsync client.
I use the Qsync function 100's of times a day. I find that my staff and I (all remote working now) have to force quit the app from activity monitor often (even when the laptops are not going to sleep). We have made it standard practice to just force quit it after lunch and re-launch it. Do it again before we log out for the day so that everything we worked on gets synced to the others working off the same folders.

Its not a good fix but it works. We are actually considering going back to dropbox... then just backing up our dropbox to our local NAS just to make sure we have duplicates. Not a great solution either honestly
Yop1403
Starting out

Post by Yop1403 »

Currently on latest Qsync version for Mac 3.4.0.0416. Still crashes after wake from sleep :-(
Main system: QNAP TVS672XT (recently modded with an i7 CPU) with 3x HDD Seagate Ironwolf 12TB in RAID5 + 1x HDD Seagate Ironwolf 12TB single for snapshot replicas + 2x NVME SSD Silicon Power 1TB as R/W cache in RAID1. AJA speed results over Thunderbolt 3: Write 663-965 MB/s / Read 1500-1624 MB/s
Backup: QNAP TR-004 with 2x HDD Hitachi 4TB in RAID0
docthejones
First post

Post by docthejones »

Just had the same on my MacBook Pro 15' 2017 on Catalina.
doctorD
First post

Post by doctorD »

Same here on a MacBook 2019. The Qsync client does not start syncing by itself, I always have to force it to sync. Very anoying.
Descartes Ellipse
First post

Post by Descartes Ellipse »

Same problem on MBP 15-inch, 2019, Qsync version 3.6.0.1026

Return to “Mac OS”