Samsung Smart Things Integration

QIoT technology to allow you to explore potential IoT business opportunities.
Smart home/Smart building/Smart City/
Noddy27
First post

Samsung Smart Things Integration

Post by Noddy27 »

I have a Samasung Smart Things Hub, talking through to the stjohnjohnson smartthings-mqtt-bridge (running on a raspberry pi) and then that bridge talking through to mqtt on my qnap.

It correctly communicates to the qnap (I can see the message come in), however, the mqtt message it delivers is in simple form, eg: <topic>/<resource>/<attribute> <data>
rather than delivering a json "payload". My understanding is that the qbroker node in QioT does not support "simple" mqtt form.

Can anybody help with a way around this? Thanks
eskdale
Starting out

Re: Samsung Smart Things Integration

Post by eskdale »

Hi Noddy27 - Have you got this working yet. I'm not an expert but I'm gradually getting there. I have simple interaction with QIoT and SmartThings working using WebCore.
I have a Pi at my electric driveway gates which can receive a message using MQTT to open them from QIoT. Also, it has a safety IR beam across the drive so that the gates won't close when there is something there. I've fed this into the Pi which sends an MQTT message to QIoT and Node-Red then sends a signal to the security camera to take a snapshot and Node-Red then downloads this and sends it to me as an email attachment. It also sends a message to SmartThings via WebCore which then decides if it is dark and if so switches on the outside lighting for 10 mins.
OneCD
Guru

Re: Samsung Smart Things Integration

Post by OneCD »

eskdale wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:50 am I have a Pi at my electric driveway gates which can receive a message using MQTT to open them from QIoT. Also, it has a safety IR beam across the drive so that the gates won't close when there is something there. I've fed this into the Pi which sends an MQTT message to QIoT and Node-Red then sends a signal to the security camera to take a snapshot and Node-Red then downloads this and sends it to me as an email attachment. It also sends a message to SmartThings via WebCore which then decides if it is dark and if so switches on the outside lighting for 10 mins.
Anyone remember back before the Internet... when we used to open gates by hand? Ah, simpler times... :DD

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “QIoT”