HBS cloud sync job fails due to "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file"

Backup, Restore, Netbak Replicator, Cloud Storage Services
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

HBS cloud sync job fails due to "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file"

Post by somy1982 »

Hi,
I have a one way cloud sync job from local to OneDrive, and I keep getting the error "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file" every time when the job runs.
Is there a way I can check which files failed during the transmission?
Thx!
P3R
Guru

Re: HBS cloud sync job fails due to "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file"

Post by P3R »

I don't know about cloud jobs as I only backup to gear that I own and manage myself but doesn't clicking on the job name give you a report of the last run with a possibility of downloading a detailed log file on the Job Logs tab?
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
somy1982
Easy as a breeze

Re: HBS cloud sync job fails due to "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file"

Post by somy1982 »

Hi,
Thx for the hint!
For cloud job I couldn't find the job logs tab. There is only the "Events" tab which shows the job fails with 10 errors. But I'd like to know which files caused the problem and why?
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Okay, so it's different with cloud storage. I'm sorry but then I don't know.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Korvin
New here

Post by Korvin »

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with OneDrive sync. It was working flawlessly until maybe a month ago and now it is driving me crazy. What is interesting is that some jobs are working ok, but some (jobs with lots of files) are giving the dreaded "exceeds the maximum number of skipped file" error. If you look at the history of the any specific job failure happens completely randomly. Sometimes after few files, sometimes after thousands of files, sometimes after 200kb transfer, sometimes after 20+ Gb. There is nothing logical about it, so it seems to me asking support for help will be the only way to sort it. I was waiting for FW or HBS update in a hope that will sort it out but there is nothing for quite some time. Please let me know if you managed to sort the issue somehow.

Cheers
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Korvin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 am ...so it seems to me asking support for help will be the only way to sort it.
I agree.

okanbahsis@gmail.com
First post

Post by okanbahsis@gmail.com »

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution to this? Thanks
ldir-EDB0
Getting the hang of things

Post by ldir-EDB0 »

I'm very frustrated with HBS3 & Qnap. I have random stopped cloud jobs since HBS3 v14.0.1215 ie Mid December 2020 - Qnap are aware of the issue, it's been fixed since around 1st Week Jan 2021 however not actually schedule for release until 29 Jan 2021.. or so support told me.

So I have waited patiently for this release date which has come and gone. That's 3/8ths of a year and counting that my offsite cloud backups haven't worked reliably. That's not really good enough. I've started looking at TrueNAS much more seriously.
ldir-EDB0
Getting the hang of things

Post by ldir-EDB0 »

HBS3 v15.0.0128 has been released and for the 1st time in 45 days or so my backups have run automatically to completion without error or manual intervention. I am cautiously optimistic.

Return to “Backup & Restore”