Web Server ddns changes to localhost

Post your questions about Web Server usage and Apache + PHP + MySQL/SQLite web applications.
MisterMo94
New here

Web Server ddns changes to localhost

Post by MisterMo94 »

Hi,
I installed wordpress on my web server and used the xx.myqnapcloud.com ddns to access it from outside the network.

In the LAN, I can access the site properly using xx.myqnapcloud.com/wordpress/. Every page is working fine and is showing the myqnapcloud address.
Outside the network, I can access the xx.myqnapcloud.com/WordPress/wp-admin/ fine, but as soon as I try to access the "real" website, my address changes from xx.myqnapcloud.com/wordpress/ to the localhost 192.168.178.xx/wordpress/ which of course cannot connect.

I was unable to find a solution to the problem and I have no idea why it would change the address on its own. I have not touched apache config nor virtual host. Ports are open and working fine for other files such as xx.myqnapcloud.com/infophp.php.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Maybe relevant data: Qnap Firmware: 4.3.6; wp-options site and url set to "xx.myqnapcloud.com/wordpress/"
MisterMo94
New here

Re: Web Server ddns changes to localhost

Post by MisterMo94 »

Solved it. I dont know why, but I had to add a virtual server. It then worked perfectly.

Return to “Web Server & Applications (Apache + PHP + MySQL / SQLite)”