Plex - remove unnecessary views

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
Nenad
Starting out

Plex - remove unnecessary views

Post by Nenad »

Is it possible to remove unnecessary views/folders shown on players ?

I need only 'by Folder' view - since I have lot of movies arranged in folders. But on all players ( LG TV, Samsung TV, Windows Media...) Plex shows dozens(!) of 'views' as different folders like 'All Videos','Latest videos','By Genre','By Year','Unwatched'.... and I only need 'By Folder' view.

That is currently only show-stopper that is preventing me to move from Twonky to Plex ... Twonky had multiple folder views too, but it was possible to remove them via SSH by modifying some config files. Is something similar possible with Plex?
dolbyman
Guru

Re: Plex - remove unnecessary views

Post by dolbyman »

are we talking about the plex app or the optional DLNA server ?

My plex app sorts all files nicely by movie/show title with posters etc (like netflix)
Don
Guru

Post by Don »

Nenad wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:30 am Is it possible to remove unnecessary views/folders shown on players ?

I need only 'by Folder' view - since I have lot of movies arranged in folders. But on all players ( LG TV, Samsung TV, Windows Media...) Plex shows dozens(!) of 'views' as different folders like 'All Videos','Latest videos','By Genre','By Year','Unwatched'.... and I only need 'By Folder' view.

That is currently only show-stopper that is preventing me to move from Twonky to Plex ... Twonky had multiple folder views too, but it was possible to remove them via SSH by modifying some config files. Is something similar possible with Plex?
You would have to ask Plex on their forums.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Nenad
Starting out

Post by Nenad »

dolbyman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:31 am are we talking about the plex app or the optional DLNA server ?

My plex app sorts all files nicely by movie/show title with posters etc (like netflix)
I'm talking about Plex DLNA server on QNAP, which serves to any DLNA client/player (I tried on LG TV and Samsung TV) multiple folders as different 'views' to same video files.

Return to “Plex Media Server”