Plex - moving metadata from NAS to NAS

Plex allows you to aggregate all your personal media and access it anywhere you go. Enjoy your own media on all your devices with the Plex Media Server.
Petep74093
Getting the hang of things

Plex - moving metadata from NAS to NAS

Post by Petep74093 »

Can anyone advise with a how to question please.
I'm setting up a TS-251 for my daughter for her new home and basically need to copy the TV and film libraries from the current home NAS (TS-453 Pro). I've moved the actual TV and film files over to the new server using NAS to NAS backup so they're in place and have also installed PMS on there to, though have not added the libraries so it doesn't know the files are there.

What I want to do is to copy over the various tags, tweaks, pictures etc so that it is an exact copy of the current setup and that's where I'm having problems. So can someone give me a simple guide as to where I find these files and the best way to copy them over. I appreciate that it would be via unix so any hints on the syntax would also be appreciated as well :)

The paths on both servers should be the same ( assuming I've done it correctly ) so hopefully will make it easier to do

Thanks in advance guys
Model: TS-453 Pro -- RAM: 8GB
FW: QTS 4.4.1.1117(09/11/2019)
WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 x4 Red HDDs - RAID 5
UPS: APC BG700G

Backups and maintenance routines are essential and shouldn't be overlooked. If you can't replace the data then any loss is firmly on your shoulders.

NAS is only a storage facility and not a magical place protected by knights and elves.

Back it up and secure it or lose it - your choice ! :mrgreen:
Don
Guru

Re: Plex - moving metadata from NAS to NAS

Post by Don »

You might want to post this question on the Plex forums. They might be better suited to answer this type of question.
Use the forum search feature before posting.

Use RAID and external backups. RAID will protect you from disk failure, keep your system running, and data accessible while the disk is replaced, and the RAID rebuilt. Backups will allow you to recover data that is lost or corrupted, or from system failure. One does not replace the other.

NAS: TVS-882BR | F/W: 5.0.1.2346 | 40GB | 2 x 1TB M.2 SATA RAID 1 (System/VMs) | 3 x 1TB M.2 NMVe QM2-4P-384A RAID 5 (cache) | 5 x 14TB Exos HDD RAID 6 (Data) | 1 x Blu-ray
NAS: TVS-h674 | F/W: 5.0.1.2376 | 16GB | 3 x 18TB RAID 5
Apps: DNSMasq, PLEX, iDrive, QVPN, QLMS, MP3fs, HBS3, Entware, DLstation, VS, +
Petep74093

Post by Petep74093 »

Thanks for that Don just thought I'd try here first but will give them a try :-)
Model: TS-453 Pro -- RAM: 8GB
FW: QTS 4.4.1.1117(09/11/2019)
WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 x4 Red HDDs - RAID 5
UPS: APC BG700G

Backups and maintenance routines are essential and shouldn't be overlooked. If you can't replace the data then any loss is firmly on your shoulders.

NAS is only a storage facility and not a magical place protected by knights and elves.

Back it up and secure it or lose it - your choice ! :mrgreen:
madalexz

Post by madalexz »

there's an article which should be a good starting point: https://support.plex.tv/articles/201370 ... er-system/

Return to “Plex Media Server”